Restarts in latest GB

Glamis101

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me, but I've had my Thunderbolt restart at least twice a day since the latest update to Gingerbread. Is it just me? Is this a known issue?

And why does it take 5 minutes to boot up? My DInc would take about a minute and this is pathetic comparatively.

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yay! welcome to Gingerbread hell! Almost everyone with and EVO, or EVO Shift has had this problem since the GB update. It's a problem with HTC, and the Sense launcher.
Sadly HTC seems to be ignoring the problem.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't have wither problem. But had other issues. Taken care of. Now its perfect

And the Thunder rolls!

JHock08

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not just you. Mine literally just restarted on its own just now. Since the update, its happened prolly 6 times. Drives me crazy! ....And don't you dare tell me to root! I'm sick of hearing that about my damn phone. I shouldn't have to root to have a fully functional phone!!!!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me, but I've had my Thunderbolt restart at least twice a day since the latest update to Gingerbread. Is it just me? Is this a known issue?

And why does it take 5 minutes to boot up? My DInc would take about a minute and this is pathetic comparatively.
I dunno... mine has never restarted on its own since the GB update. During my entire experience with the TBolt, restarts have never been an issue for me. A while back, HTC advised replacing the phone if restarts were an issue. I think I'd tend to agree now. That is, if the obligatory factory reset doesn't fix it, of course. You never know...

Oh... and mine takes 2.5 minutes to boot up. I just timed it. Something definitely wrong with 5 minutes. Definitely. Find that problem and it may fix your restarts. Just FYI... mine took 1.5 minutes under Froyo, now 2.5 with GB.

-Frank

Last edited:

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
it happened to me a couple of times when I was running the first GB release, which led me to do a factory reset. Since then, it's been stable.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Ah, that would explain why I haven't had a single reboot - I run Go Launcher EX.

It's free and so much better than Sense... No root required.

GO doesn't help. I've been running it too and still getting 6 or 7 reboots a day since the 2nd day after the install (maybe since the install and I just didn't happen to be there to hear it "thunder"). For what I paid for this phone I should NOT be having this kind of trouble.

Glamis101

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Well factory reset doesn't work. HTC and/or Verizon needs to step up and make this right. What's the point of a phone that you can't rely on?

480volts

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could go back to Froyo :( Same thing here). Every update just seems to make the phone worse. Wonder if Samsung or Moto phones are doing better. Was always a big proponent of HTC........Ya gotta wonder.

reneem68

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ah, that would explain why I haven't had a single reboot - I run Go Launcher EX.

It's free and so much better than Sense... No root required.
I downloaded Go Launch EX and when I turn my phone on it goes back to the original screen. I want my Go Launcher back! What can I do??

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not convinced GB is the problem. It may be the latest radio that's problematic. I rooted my device, and when I switched to the latest radio last month, I began to have issues with the device shutting off (or at times, the device rebooting).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not convinced GB is the problem. It may be the latest radio that's problematic. I rooted my device, and when I switched to the latest radio last month, I began to have issues with the device shutting off (or at times, the device rebooting).
Might have to do with the kernel. I am running bamf forever and with stock kernel, it ran fine. On imolseyn kernel, it had restarts and shut downs. Anyone running stock with problems needs to do a factory reset first.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Might have to do with the kernel. I am running bamf forever and with stock kernel, it ran fine. On imolseyn kernel, it had restarts and shut downs. Anyone running stock with problems needs to do a factory reset first.

Could be the kernel. I didn't think about that. I'm going to try a different one and see how it performs.