Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CrazeOKC
  • 1 Post By CrazyEyed
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default sense crashing all the time?? any fix??

Sense on my Thunderbolt keeps force closing. Never happend before Gingerbread updates, what can i do to fix this if possible? I hear it's a HTC issue, makes me want to get rid of phone but when it works correctly it is sweet. Any suggestions would be appreciated....Thanks in advance

Default Re: sense crashing all the time?? any fix??

Have you tried clearing data for HTC Sense under manage applications? If that doesn't work, you may need a factory reset

Are you using a task killer by chance? One that closes ALL tasks, even ones that shouldn't be? That could be the problem too...

Gingerbread is very strict with background usage of RAM and while using application that take up a large amount of RAM in the for front it closes down more applications in the background. Happened with the EVO 4G Gingerbread update and the EVO Shift Gingerbread update. (I dont know about the DINC Gingerbread update though). Thats my explanation of Sense crashing, but that's if your going from a large Application like Gun Bros or using your browser for like 30 mins, Sense will restart itself.

FIX: root?
    Excellence is the only standard

ROM
    Stock

I don't have the issue of Sense force closing but 90% of the time when I exit an app, such as K9 mail, calendar, etc. I see the green HTC on the white background then "loading" before going back to the main screen. Is this Sense crashing? It did this sometimes before the GB update but now it's doing it more often since the GB update. I'll try clearing cache on Sense to see if that makes any difference. No new apps installed but updates to existing ones only.

Bill

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

root it root it dear god root it, you won't be sorry and you'll never look back. Make it do what its supposed to do all these crap updates verizon and htc shove out ruin the phones and I didn't even know it till 2 weeks ago.
    defcon999 likes this.

Sense was crashing 4-5x per day on my T-Mobile Amaze. I uninstalled the recent Lookout Security update and it seems to have fixed the problem, at least for the time being. It's a shame T-Mobile won't let us completely remove Lookout (and other) unneeded/unwanted apps.

Quote Originally Posted by moosealleynh View Post
    Sense on my Thunderbolt keeps force closing. Never happend before Gingerbread updates, what can i do to fix this if possible? I hear it's a HTC issue, makes me want to get rid of phone but when it works correctly it is sweet. Any suggestions would be appreciated....Thanks in advance
    The problem may be solved once the TBolt gets the ICS update with Sense 3.6. Of course, the problem is we don't know exactly when that is going to happen, although there are indications it may be soon (there have been leaks of a test rom).
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nathanso View Post
    Sense was crashing 4-5x per day on my T-Mobile Amaze. I uninstalled the recent Lookout Security update and it seems to have fixed the problem, at least for the time being. It's a shame T-Mobile won't let us completely remove Lookout (and other) unneeded/unwanted apps.
    Have you tried rooting your phone and installing a DE-BLOATED ROM?. I did 6 months ago and while my phone will restart on it's own maybe 1 or 2 times a week....if that, it is better than it was with STOCK Gingerbread.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post
    The problem may be solved once the TBolt gets the ICS update with Sense 3.6. Of course, the problem is we don't know exactly when that is going to happen, although there are indications it may be soon (there have been leaks of a test rom).
    Where is this?!?!?!?!!!

An *actual* leaked ROM with Sense 3.6?!?

(and not just the alpha AOSP with no working data ROM?)

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There have been NO leaked roms. Only ics that is available has come from rom devs

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

My sense crashes all the time too. About 50% of the time, when I press the home button, sense has to reload itself including all the icons on my home screen. This has been happening the past two weeks and it makes me wonder if ICS is coming soon to fix this.
    Thanked by:
    isaacdibb1095 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEyedNagy View Post
    My sense crashes all the time too. About 50% of the time, when I press the home button, sense has to reload itself including all the icons on my home screen. This has been happening the past two weeks and it makes me wonder if ICS is coming soon to fix this.
    I have the same issue... am on 3g/4g or wifi wherever I go. Have made my battery last 3 days with just mobile network on and clear cashe every 30 mins or so with Speed Boost System Cleaner FREE and still have the issue with sense restarting at least 5-10 times a day. o pull out my battery and let it cool for about 5 mins abut 2-3 times a week. I am up to date and eagerly waiting for ICS and Sense 3.6.. checking everyday and night for the update...

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Funny, never had a "sense crash" I don't think. Don't even know what one looks like. I dunno... it just works for me.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

I had this same problem about a month ago. Almost everytime I pressed home it would just show my wallpaper image and would take a few seconds to load all apps and widgets. I noticed this after installing an app. I removed the app and haven't had the problem since. For the life of me I can't remember what it was. Must not have been that great anyway. Had you installed anything right before the problem started?

Another trick that I find that helps me a lot is when it does it a couple times in a row I just pull out the battery. I did it today and it is working fine now.
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-

I have the same issue... am on 3g/4g or wifi wherever I go. Have made my battery last 3 days with just mobile network on and clear cashe every 30 mins or so with Speed Boost System Cleaner FREE and still have the issue with sense restarting at least 5-10 times a day. Or I pull out my battery and let it cool for about 5 mins abut 2-3 times a week. I am up to date and eagerly waiting for ICS and Sense 3.6.. checking everyday and night for the update...
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-