When we upgrade devices, do we get to keep our $30 unlimited 4g?

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: When we upgrade devices, do we get to keep our $30 unlimited

YESSSSS

but that might now be the case for much longer!! So if your interested in one of the hot new phones I wouldn't wait, personally I cant wait to get a RAZR

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Yes we do, its actually $29.99 Unlimited. $30 is 2GB. Lol

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Yes, I can confirm this because I cheated on Android got the 4s then returned it 2 days later without loosing my unlimited data.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes, I still have my $24.00 unlimited plan :)

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
As long as you don't actually change your data plan you can keep renewing it. As soon as you downgrade you lose it forever.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I was allowed to select $29.99 Unlimited as a data plan option when I preordered the Razr last week.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LessThanAnAndroidNovice

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

As long as you don't actually change your data plan you can keep renewing it. As soon as you downgrade you lose it forever.

I started to look at the Bionic, and when my local Verizon store told me that the grandfathering only applied as long as we held the phone that we had when grandfathering came into effect, I dropped it.

Wouldn't be the first time that Verizon's right hand and their left hand had different stories.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

I think if you would have pushed him he would have been able to "do you a favor"... I wonder how many people they can sucker just because they don't want to stand up for themselves.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I started to look at the Bionic, and when my local Verizon store told me that the grandfathering only applied as long as we held the phone that we had when grandfathering came into effect, I dropped it..
Really, I'm sure that is not correct.

-Frank

rm548

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

For clarification: I don't intend on 'upgrading' right now. I'm looking ahead to when my 2 year is up on my bolt.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

yeah, it's grandfathered until you either a) change to a tiered plan for some odd reason, b) switch to a dumb phone, or c) verizon decides to require tiered plans for any upgrades.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm still loving my Bolt. I only have a one year contract, but might hold off on upgrading when the contract ends. I suppose that they'll give me a voucher for a phone discount or something like that if I renew the contract.

Rezound looks nice, but I don't think it's a big enough leap over the Bolt. I guess that I'll need to try it out to see what I think. Would have been perfect if it had a bigger screen, kickstand, and had an actual HDMI instead of the dual purpose MHL / USB port.

I'm curious to see if the NFC feature in the Nexus becomes a crucial feature that is actually useful, or if it's just a gimmick.

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

While any company including Verizon Wireless will love to milk you to pay more, in the end if you threaten to take your business elsewhere they will bend backwards to please you. One gentleman recently threatened to leave Verizon and they offered him unlimited data to stay. This is why it's important to keep your contract as short as possible and to negotiate with customer retention for as much as you can grab when you renew.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair