Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues With Texting Since Gingerbread 2.3 Update

Ever since I updated to gingerbread 2.3 on my HTC Thunderbolt, I've had a whole new set of texting issues. Yes, it seems that the bug where my phone randomly sends my texts to the wrong person is now fixed, but now when I'm in the middle of texting someone, I am constantly being interrupted!

When I'm having a long text conversation with someone, oftentimes the text I'm writing will get bumped down to view the incoming text from the person I am conversing with. This completely slows down my thought process and the texting process. Also, the word I was in the middle of texting when the incoming text shows up, will then appear twice once I go back to the box where I write my texts.

Other times, instead of just bumping my input text down to view the incoming message, it'll actually close my text box and take me all the way to the start of the text convo. I don't clean out my text inbox very often, so then I'm stuck having to either go back and my text message gets saved to drafts (very annoying), or I have to scroll all the way down to get back to the current part of the conversation (even more annoying). I am now cleaning out my inbox more often, but I don't want to have to do this.

Is anyone else having these issues or finding them as annoying as me? Is there a way around this?

Default Re: Issues With Texting Since Gingerbread 2.3 Update

I am having the exact same issue. It is extremely annoying. I'm afraid the only solution may be to do a hard reset on the phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is that the same as a factory reset?? Does that mean that this issue is NOT supposed to happen?

I have the same issue. Its kind of annoying. Not sure a hard reset will fix this one but if someone tries it and it does, let us know!

I didn't have texting issues but I did have typing email issues where I would get a constant pop up telling me message saved in drafts.
    No one in the store or on the phone had a solution. Reps kept saying it is part of Gmail that its normal. Never had this happen before. It isn't normal.

I decided to take a chance and do a factory reset and it has taken care of the problem. The glitch is gone.

My suggestion is do the factory reset. It might correct the problem. You have nothing to lose. It might just do the job as it did for me.
    Good luck

And the Thunder rolls!
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

A factory reset would cause me to lose all the levels I've completed on games and stuff, no? Not to mention, all my pictures?

I've never done a factory reset and would be furious if I did it and it didn't work. I don't get the Message Saved In Drafts message for no reason. It happens because I have to back up in order to not have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread. I end up with like 20 drafts saved a day.

Quote Originally Posted by alycia519 View Post
    A factory reset would cause me to lose all the levels I've completed on games and stuff, no? Not to mention, all my pictures?

I've never done a factory reset and would be furious if I did it and it didn't work. I don't get the Message Saved In Drafts message for no reason. It happens because I have to back up in order to not have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a thread. I end up with like 20 drafts saved a day.
    I didn't lose my music or photos on my SD card. I don't play games. I was able to get everything I had on the phone. I sold wireless for more than 3 years.
    Sometimes a reset needs to be done. You can try a sift reset first
    You can troubleshoot the phone with Verizon first. Talk to them on a landline so you have the freedom for them to assist you thru steps to try to resolve the problem.
    I wasn't saving drafts. It would just interrupt me and it was a Riyal pain. Your issue is a glitch of some sort. It shouldn't be happening.

And the Thunder rolls!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Soft reset *****

And the Thunder rolls!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Is a soft reset the same as a battery pull? You are most helpful and patient for talking me through this. I appreciate it. Thank you.