Buttons Won't Work

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Last night as I was texting I noticed that one of the buttons on the keyboard would not input (I am using stock message widget). Then this morning the same letter wouldn't work. A little later that button did work but some others began not to work. I calibrated the keyboard. I even tried using Thumb Keyboard and same thing. Restarted my phone multiple times and still had the same issue. Is anyone having these problems or does anyone know a solution?

Thanks.

EDIT: I am beginning to notice that the whole screen is becoming less responsive such as when surfing the Internet and scrolling through my home screens. What is going on?

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the keyboard there may be an issue with the phone. Might need a refurbished. I use smart keyboard pro but my stock still works fine. I didn't have that problem. Try the reboot like I suggested. Clean out the phone on the cache and cookies. Recalibrate.
If this doesn't work call Verizon.

And the Thunder rolls!

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted many times. Contacted HTC, they said it may be a software issue and said to do a reset, did so and still the same. I left the phone off all last night and this morning is still the same. The phone I have is a refurbished one because my first Thunderbolt become basically a brick after the first update.

How much would HTC charge to fix this issue or would Verizon send me another refurbished since this refurbish is giving me issues?

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about sending the phone to HTC. You are going to be without the phone for some time. I looked into it when I was getting crap refurbished Thunderbolt after another.

I would just tell Verizon that your touchscreen is going out and that you need another phone sent out. Do the steps that they want you to do over the phone, and hope that your refurb unit that you are sent works well.

You might not need to get 5 sent to you like I did, but once I got a good one, it has worked great ever since.

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've always dealt with Verizon via there store, but with college and work I don't have the time to drive 30 minutes to the nearest store. So I would be able to call and speak to someone and possibly get a new one sent out to me?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've always dealt with Verizon via there store, but with college and work I don't have the time to drive 30 minutes to the nearest store. So I would be able to call and speak to someone and possibly get a new one sent out to me?

You will need to call them from a landline. They will want to troubleshoot it with you. They can have it sent out to you. Will require a signature. If you are in a safe non theft area you can leave them a note authorizing them to leave the package or make sure are home to sign for it. A store can't give you a replacement. They can order it but still no matter how you do it the phone is sent to you

And the Thunder rolls!

snapdragon0503

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Man my touch screen is so the same exact thing... I left it charging over night and half the screen doesn't respond how did your trip to verizon go? I have to unroot this thing and go there myself... I reset the phone and rebooted and nothing... Man I hope they will give me something usable...

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it has been said, but have you taken the phone back to FACTORY Orginal?.

If it started happening after the last OTA, then I would say that might be the issue. You can always pull the OTA from Android Police. This is the original OTA before the one a couple of weeks ago.

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I called up Verizon and explained what happened and they are sending me out another phone that I should have by the end of the week. I did factory reset the phone and there is no difference. This phone is actually a refurbished one because my first phone was basically a brick after the first update and now I updated y new phone and something goes wrong with this on. Makes me weary to ever update the phone again if an issue occurs each update.

I really like this phone but I'm not sure if its the Thunderbolts or just been getting lemons. Third time is a charm so I hope I don't incur anymore issues with my next unit.

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my replacement phone in today and I've been using it for an hour or so and so far everything is fine. I hope it stays that way.

Thanks everyone for your concern and helpfulness. I hope anyone else having this problem gets it resolved as well.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my replacement phone in today and I've been using it for an hour or so and so far everything is fine. I hope it stays that way.

Thanks everyone for your concern and helpfulness. I hope anyone else having this problem gets it resolved as well.
Love these success stories! Glad it worked out for you!

-Frank
img131.gif

DD917

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I just hope it continues to work so I don't have to replace it again down the line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I just hope it continues to work so I don't have to replace it again down the line.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Did your refurb work out okay? I received a CPO T-Bolt (my 1st Android device) last week and it cr*pped out on my last night. Home keys stopped working and it would go into landscape, but not back into portrait. Brought it to my local VZW store and they couldn't figure it out. They're over-nighting me a a "new" CPO T-Bolt.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that from time to time as well. There are times when i hate typing on it.
It's usually the "i", "a", and the Backspace key for me. Doesn't do it all the time, bit it does it quite often.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My screen has been freezing up from time to time also. I have cleared all my caches, and that hasnt been the prob. I have been wondering if its a rogue app/ update that may be causing the problem.

Does anyone having trouble use Swype ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85