Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SFGiants 2010
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G LTE 7 Months Later

7 months after getting the tbolt and being blown away by LTE I imagined that 6 months down the road LTE speeds wouldn't be sustainable.

Here we are 7 months and 3 more LTE phones later and I still have the same speeds as the day I bought it.

After using an iPhone 4 for a couple days while waiting for an insurance replacement after losing my first tbolt, I was impressed with the gorgeous hardware and pretty good software.

However I can never, ever go back to a non LTE smartphone. Here's why:

BostonBeats88 likes this.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

Default Re: 4G LTE 7 Months Later

You're lucky. My speed went down from 18mbs to about 7mbs. I'm in SoCal

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by SFGiants 2010 View Post
    7 months after getting the tbolt and being blown away by LTE I imagined that 6 months down the road LTE speeds wouldn't be sustainable.

Here we are 7 months and 3 more LTE phones later and I still have the same speeds as the day I bought it.

After using an iPhone 4 for a couple days while waiting for an insurance replacement after losing my first tbolt, I was impressed with the gorgeous hardware and pretty good software.

However I can never, ever go back to a non LTE smartphone. Here's why:

Glutton!

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The highest speed I have seen since the GB update is around 10 MB/s. But, download and upload speeds are closer to synchronous. Typically, I am seeing 7 down and 5 or 6 up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The highest speed I have seen since the GB update is around 10 MB/s. But, download and upload speeds are closer to synchronous. Typically, I am seeing 7 down and 5 or 6 up.
    I am having the same issue ever since my phone updated itself to gingerbread without my permission. My speeds have been about half the speed I got on 2.2.1. I am really close to rooting to try different roms/radios to try to get dl speeds back. I am not happy with Verizon messing with my phone without my permission aka them force pushing an update to my phone without my permission.

ROM
    stock updates

4G whats that oh yea still waiting for it in my home section of central New Jersey, but got teased with it when I travel up north or to Orlando on vacation!!!! Hey Big Red FLIP THE DAMM SWITCH AREADY!!!!!

4g is the same for me as the day I bought it as well, it's fantastic. Those that haven't rooted really should