The new Ice Cream

load97

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
That is classless and so wrong. You are committing theft. If you owned your own business and someone was pulling a fast one on you I don't think you would like it. But only you see yourself in the mirror everyday.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

His original might be under warranty. Don't jump to conclusions...

Ninja Rob

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I really want from ICS is 2D hardware-acceleration. Also the Desire S got Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.5, so I'm pretty sure we'll get Sense 3.0 as well, maybe even 3.5. Also if hardware-acceleration is on by default Sense would run smoother.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I really want from ICS is 2D hardware-acceleration. Also the Desire S got Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.5, so I'm pretty sure we'll get Sense 3.0 as well, maybe even 3.5. Also if hardware-acceleration is on by default Sense would run smoother.

If you root to BAMF(Forever, Cubed) or Gingeritis 3D you can get the SENSE 3.0 experience. I personally love it...I don't know if I could go to a ASOP (strictly) based ROM.

anon(386684)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Anything less than Dual Core is not getting upgraded. Look at all the phones they announced, pretty sure they are all Dual Core.

These companies want to keep you moving forward (buying new phones as often as possible = more $$$ for them). That is why they only keep the software updated for about ~1 year (Sometimes less).

HTC wants all of us to move on to new fancy dual core phones eventually, so they will not support any of the older phones with software updates purposely.

EVO Design 4G is not dual core, so there goes that idea.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone rooted will see ICS. I'm very confident this will happen. As far as HTC pushing ICS to our TBolts? This will be a tough one to guess. I'd say its like a 30% chance we will get OFFICIAL ICS. And this is being optimistic.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, go to the Verizon store, buy another extended battery, you have 15 days to return it.. Swap the old fir the new & return the old.. Works every time...

ah yeah I've had my extended battery for pretty long I think my return policy is over. So I have insurance and all that would extended battery include that or no? i know its a doubt but I was just wondering.

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I call BS on Google and the IHV's.. Lip Service @ Google I/O - device is 7 months old now and took an eternity to get GB which still has issues. so much for that supposed 18 months of support....

smthomas66

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I really like my TBolt but next time I'm getting a Nexus model since Google supports it with day 1 updates when they come up with something. All other hardware makers get on the eventually list so it's just a waiting game with them. I still have about a year to go until I get an early upgrade e-mail from VZW so hopefully a quad core Nexus model is out by then. That phone may last me four years since what else can they do at that point??

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I really dislike the people who criticize others for wanting their phone to be up to date and performing at it's best. I spent over $550 for my Thunderbolt, I want it to last me more than 6 months. Is that so much to ask?

Also while on that topic, I will say this. I do NOT want to receive ICS officially. I want it in the form of AOSP from people like Cyanogen. To HELL with these OEM's controlling us with their slow update support and bloatware through the roof.

I'll root and be a rebel over waiting an eternity for something that by the time I get it it's already old.

If you want ICS, you better root now and get used to the process. Because I can guarantee you we won't be seeing official ICS on this phone ever. It just isn't meant to be.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you root to BAMF(Forever, Cubed) or Gingeritis 3D you can get the SENSE 3.0 experience. I personally love it...I don't know if I could go to a ASOP (strictly) based ROM.
(sorry to push this further OT)

i keep reading this everywhere, and i would also like to experience this myself.
the only thing is that could be holding me back is some guidance as well as resolving some confusion i have.

i read in many places, "im rooted and running this, im rooted and running that, i'm on Bamf, i'm on Gingeritis, im on etc."

Since both the ones you mentioned (Bamf & Gingeritis) keep Sense instead of striping it, and they even upgrade it to 3.0, that is what i'm interested in. But what would you say (in short) are the pro's and con's of each? Or, do you have both and can pick which you want to load?
I think with Bamf you can adjust processor speed, is this also doable with G3D?
and do they both do a good job of striping out the bloatware, or is that something we choose to do?

i apologize about the funny questions, i simply came from a blackberry storm 1 and i had to shrink OS's etc.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I do NOT want to receive ICS officially. I want it in the form of AOSP from people like Cyanogen. To HELL with these OEM's controlling us with their slow update support and bloatware through the roof.
Then you should be pleased to know that the ThunderBolt is not on the list for ICS. Just another example of VZW listening to its customers. :)

-Frank

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

i keep reading this everywhere, and i would also like to experience this myself.
the only thing is that could be holding me back is some guidance as well as resolving some confusion i have.

i read in many places, "im rooted and running this, im rooted and running that, i'm on Bamf, i'm on Gingeritis, im on etc."

Since both the ones you mentioned (Bamf & Gingeritis) keep Sense instead of striping it, and they even upgrade it to 3.0, that is what i'm interested in. But what would you say (in short) are the pro's and con's of each? Or, do you have both and can pick which you want to load?
and do they both do a good job of striping out the bloatware, or is that something we choose to do?

i apologize about the funny questions, i simply came from a blackberry storm 1 and i had to shrink OS's etc.

I think they both take out most bloatware. Of course, with a rooted phone you can remove the stuff you don't want. It won't have two roms loaded at the same time. Though you could have a backup of each ROM so you could switch between the two. Would take about 10 minutes to switch (restoring a nandroid)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Green_Laser

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

It's a matter of preference really. You can go to the forum pages for each and see what features and such both ROMs offer, but both of these ROMs are fairly similar, as they are both based off of the current GB for the TB, and both have Sense 3.0. I personally have BAMF Forever on my TB and love it.

As far as the ability to overclock and control the processor speed, that is a function of the kernel, not the OS. Either one of these ROMs support custom kernels (especially now that the source code is available) that allow you to do that. The "stock" kernel also can be "controlled" somewhat, but not overclocked.

For the most part, all bloatware has already been stripped.

Reactions: Green_Laser

emerald9954

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anything less than Dual Core is not getting upgraded. Look at all the phones they announced, pretty sure they are all Dual Core.

These companies want to keep you moving forward (buying new phones as often as possible = more $$$ for them). That is why they only keep the software updated for about ~1 year (Sometimes less).

HTC wants all of us to move on to new fancy dual core phones eventually, so they will not support any of the older phones with software updates purposely.

That not true cause the original evo is on the list and it isn't dual core phone.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a matter of preference really. You can go to the forum pages for each and see what features and such both ROMs offer, but both of these ROMs are fairly similar, as they are both based off of the current GB for the TB, and both have Sense 3.0. I personally have BAMF Forever on my TB and love it.

As far as the ability to overclock and control the processor speed, that is a function of the kernel, not the OS. Either one of these ROMs support custom kernels (especially now that the source code is available) that allow you to do that. The "stock" kernel also can be "controlled" somewhat, but not overclocked.

For the most part, all bloatware has already been stripped.

i fully appreciate your feedback as well as the fact that you provide the info around the topic, such as the 2nd paragraph which dives into kernals. This info as well as from the other thread have helped me fade out the confusion I had earlier. Thanks :-D!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have there extended battery die on them xD

Just call Verizon customer support, they replaced my extended battery for free, and even let me keep the old one. Actually, problem was with the radio, so now, I have two extended batteries