TB Animated Droid Razr Wallpapers Project (NEW ADDED)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been working on learning more about the animated wallpaper system and I put together this one for the Thunderbolt because of the Razr wallpaper fad, I have tested this on the TB only but may work on other devices..

Note: FOR DOWNLOAD, DO NOT DOWNLOAD WITH ANDROID STOCK BROWER.. IT DOESNT WORK ON FILE SHARING SITES.

On first access the option menu takes a few seconds to show but works well.. Also if you do not set to Big in option the image will not match screen size resolution.. You do not have to adjust frames for this one but I showed the option in screen image

Enjoy...

Razr 1 (20 Frames for best animation)
Custom Animated Razr-signed.apk

Razr 2 (30 Frames for best animation)
Razr_Animation Wallpaper.apk

Razr Revisit
Razr_Revisit 1.apk

SCREEN SHOTS BELOW ONLY, PLEASE USE LINKS ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD..

AnimatedRazor1.gif
RAZR 1
Razr%20Animation.gif
RAZR 2
RazrRevisit.gif
RAZR REVISIT

Installation Settings..

InstallAnimatedWallpaper.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Dukins

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: TB Animated Droid Razr Wallpapers Project

Where should I put these? sd card I assume, but under any folder?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Where should I put these? sd card I assume, but under any folder?

It is a Animated Wallpaper, just install it like normal and access it through the Animate Wallpaper option in wallpaper menu.
Install%20apk.gif

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I've never installed a live wallpaper. How do you do it?
The file that Wildman has provided here is an ".apk" file. Just download it, put it on your SD card (anywhere) and click on it to start the install. Or, just download it directly onto your phone from the browser. It should install just like any other application file. Make sure you have selected "Unknown Sources" from Settings | Applications. Afterward, you should be able to access the wallpaper via the normal built-in TBolt personalize settings (i.e. Settings | Personalize | Wallpaper | Live Wallpaper (or Animate).

I haven't installed it, though. I generally avoid live wallpapers due to the increased battery requirements.

Looks great though!

-Frank

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I was gonna check this out, but it's not working. Your link takes me to mediafire, I click on the start download link, and then I get a txt file that's corrupt.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I was gonna check this out, but it's not working. Your link takes me to mediafire, I click on the start download link, and then I get a txt file that's corrupt.

You must be using some kind of download manager because the link works....

Downloading%201.gif

Stop using comic sans font.

What does the font have to do with anything.. Thats my default font set...

Its hard to guess what the animation does from that picture.

Whats hard to tell about the animation? I don't see how it could be clearer..

AnimatedRazor1.gif

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You must be using some kind of download manager because the link works....

Click to view quoted image

What does the font have to do with anything.. Thats my default font set...

Whats hard to tell about the animation? I don't see how it could be clearer..

Click to view quoted image

I'm not trying to annoy you. I just mean I don't know what moves? I know things move in live wallpaper. I see the nice lloking picture. I was just trying to guess what the motion looked like. I've never seen a razr.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to annoy you. I just mean I don't know what moves? I know things move in live wallpaper. I see the nice lloking picture. I was just trying to guess what the motion looked like. I've never seen a razr.

The original image was simply a static image and I simply added animation to the lightning bolts in the center of the orb... I am still learning the configuration methods and it was simply for fun... The second one added was done from the boot animation of the Razr.

A live wallpaper simply has animation verse the regular static image some has extra options to react to screen touch but mine don't respond to interaction and it seems that demands a lot more CPU and battery drain.

I have been playing with the best way to keep animation smooth without demanding resources and also be optimized for a number of devices screen sizes.

I simply figured I would share the outcome of my projects..

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankXS

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem where the files downloaded as .txt files. Changed them to whatever.apk in file manager and worked fine. The first one seemed a bit choppy, second one looked nice.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The original image was simply a static image and I simply added animation to the lightning bolts in the center of the orb... I am still learning the configuration methods and it was simply for fun... The second one added was done from the boot animation of the Razr.

A live wallpaper simply has animation verse the regular static image some has extra options to react to screen touch but mine don't respond to interaction and it seems that demands a lot more CPU and battery drain.

I have been playing with the best way to keep animation smooth without demanding resources and also be optimized for a number of devices screen sizes.

I simply figured I would share the outcome of my projects..

The main reason for my confusion is I communicate with this forum through tapatalk 99% of the time. I happened to glance at this thread on my computer and saw the animations! Very nice.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem where the files downloaded as .txt files. Changed them to whatever.apk in file manager and worked fine. The first one seemed a bit choppy, second one looked nice.

The first one was a test build but I am working to refine that one, I will probably update it when I have time to get the frames the way I want them..

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Question, what browser are you user, I have downloaded without issues with Desktop Firefox and Opera Mobile with no issues and file is a apk as it should be? I am not understanding why its a text file..

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The stock browser.

Okay I feel better now because it's the browser not my files or the website.

The stock browser always has problems downloading from file sharing sites, basically the stock browser is useless. please try opera mobile or dolphin HD and see if the files download right.

I tried the STOCK browser and did the same to me, downloaded as a text file.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22