Verizon Named Fastest 4G Network

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Not strictly related to TB, but it is nice knowing.
This is quoted from the wall st. cheat sheet,
"On Wednesday, RootMetrics, which is a company that conducts its own field tests of wireless networks, announced that Verizon offers the fastest 4G mobile-data network by a landslide. In a recent study, RootMetrics compared 4G networks from the four major US carriers across 27 different cities. The report said, ?In cities where we could test Verizon?s LTE (network), their average download speeds were roughly equivalent with the other carriers? maximum download speeds. In several markets, Verizon?s average download speeds actually exceeded the maximum speeds of the other carriers.?
The rest can be found
Verizon Named Fastest 4G Network, Will Shares Respond? - Yahoo! Finance

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yah, other carriers are playing catch up. Verizon was smart going with LTE. From my experience they also have always had the best coverage. And now with their aggressive deployment of LTE, their service is only getting better IMO.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, it is a slanted article. It does not state if they tested AT&T's LTE. I do not consider it a fair competition to compare AT&T's and T-Mobile's HSPA+ with LTE.

Now, doing a three way test between Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T once all three have well established LTE networks would be a fair competition.

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
As someone who switched from AT&T to Verizon when the thunderbolt was released, I can already tell you Verizon's 3G network is much faster and more represented throughout the country than AT&T. Not surprised that Verizon's 4G network is better, too.

Even if Sprint and AT&T catch up to Verizon in 4G speeds, Verizon has a huge head start on 4G coverage.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My 4G speeds have definitely declined over he last few months. Not sure if there are just more people on the network. I used to pull 25-30Mbps download and now I am consistently only 5-10Mbps.

Thoughts?