GPS usage causing random resets

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
While using Google GPS Navigation, my Thunderbolt did 3 soft resets for no apparent reason. This has been happening too often for past few weeks. Anyone else? My TB is stock with the recent update from a couple weeks ago. Thanks, Casey

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Has this been happening to you after the recent firmware update a couple weeks ago? I think this has happened to me prior to the update sometimes, but even more so after the update. This is frustrating!! Any solutions??

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Bump...

I'm still getting random soft resets while using Google Navigation, even after the latest firmware update. Frustrating to be driving and relying on my cell phone GPS, then to have that white screen say HTC out of the blues for no apparent reason! Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Casey

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Bump...

I'm still getting random soft resets while using Google Navigation, even after the latest firmware update. Frustrating to be driving and relying on my cell phone GPS, then to have that white screen say HTC out of the blues for no apparent reason! Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Casey

Get a warranty replacement.
That would be unexceptable IMHO. I use mine like that all of the time and never have resets. That is the reason I switched from a POS Samsung Fascinate to the Bolt. If Verizon gives you any hassle, let them know that most people do NOT have this problem.

You may want to try a different battery, and try a memory reset , just to see if those things help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech