Ruined screen get a tb again or wait?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i dropped my phone last night and now half the screen is blurry, took it to verizon and ofcourse it cant be fixed. my upgrade is for this january i was able to call customer service and they were able to push up my upgrade so i can get a new phone. should i get the tb again or get something else? what do you guys think

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i dropped my phone last night and now half the screen is blurry, took it to verizon and ofcourse it cant be fixed. my upgrade is for this january i was able to call customer service and they were able to push up my upgrade so i can get a new phone. should i get the tb again or get something else? what do you guys think

What else are you considering? I have two available upgrades and am thinking about getting the Galaxy Nexus when it gets released. The phone doesn't seem to have a release date yet on Verizon yet so you may not be able to wait. Have you looked into the Razr or the Rezound?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i saw the razor today it's a big phone i dont know if i want it that big. i am consideringthe Nexus wish i knew when it will be released. i can wait a little bit if i have to, it's only half the screen thats ruined, i dont know over time if the whole screen will eventually get ruined.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus would be a nice choice if you can hold out a bit. It's unlikely that the TBolt will get an official version of ICS (although once the source is released, there will be devs who will be working to bring it to the TBolt), and given the update history of the manufacturers and carriers, it's not likely that even newer phones will see ICS until sometime next year.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: panitsos

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have insurance? I was at the mall and there is a kiosk on a company that repairs damaged electronics from water damage to broken screens. I think its called go tronics or something like that.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Reactions: panitsos

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
To me, the only upcoming phone I'd consider is the Rezound. And even that isn't good enough for me to discard all of my TBolt accessories/batteries and buy them new all over again. Not to mention having to go through all the growing pains of a newly released phone. The TBolt is just about the perfect amount of "matured" for me.

-Frank

Reactions: Jude526

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I really like the thunderbolt. It is a great phone. Id hold off till Dec, Jan, if you could. There may be something else out there. Please....please......please let the HTC Edge be for verizon and not T-mobile or someone else.

Also look into eBay for replacement LCD screens. Thats an option to hold you over to.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I would drop mine for is the g nexus or rezound .....

posted from my Infected Thunderbolt

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

You may want to look into repairing the phone yourself. Replacements screens are available and there are YouTube videos with step-by-step instructions on how to replace the screen. Of course, not everyone is comfortable tearing their phone apart, but it is an option.

Sent using Tapatalk

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You may want to look into repairing the phone yourself. Replacements screens are available and there are YouTube videos with step-by-step instructions on how to replace the screen. Of course, not everyone is comfortable tearing their phone apart, but it is an option.

Sent using Tapatalk

It depends on what screen is busted....the digitizer or the LCD. If the screen is cracked, then most likely it is the digitizer and that is about $40 to get a replacement screen. I think the LCD is about the same. Problem is, you have to do it yourself and looking at the youtube video's, it is more work that it is really worth IMO. There is a place close to my work (in Milpitas), that will fix the phone (parts included) or $100...which is the same price as the insurance....it might be cheaper now that the TBolt is a dinosaur (lololol).

My opinion is that if you can get an upgrade at anytime, wait until your TBolt is unworkable and get a new phone with whatever is out.

On another thread, someone mentioned that the Best Buy is clearing out all there TBolts on Black friday for $99....that is an option...don't know if you need to sign up for an account though.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You could also get a digitizer on Ebay for less than 15 bucks. I would go that route. Obviously, without seeing the phone I cannot tell if it is the digitizer, the LCD, or both.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463