No YouTube over LTE Network since Sunday?

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I live in the Boston area where I have great LTE speeds 16 - 25 DL usually 5-7 UL. Since Sunday when AT&T went live with their LTE Network here in the Boston area my YouTube app will not play any video on any website that is playng thru YouTube. The YouTube app will not play anythng on LTE. I have called Verizon and they have several tickets with this issue. I have seen articles that many customers on AT&T's LTE Network are having these very same issues. Now I have had no problems at all with any video paying at all, Netflix and Jetflicks play great without any buffering at all. As I have stated since Sunday nothing on the LTE Network will play on YouTube. My WiFi and 3G both play YouTube videos without issues. I just received a replacement phone for a different reason today and I tried playing YouTube videos before I downloaded any apps from the market, same problem with a brand new device. No Videos on YouTube on LTE. Any flash videos from any website will not play on LTE Network, plays fine on WiFi or 3G. I am pissed off, any flash is from the YouTube website and if you are not near wifi then forget it, 3G will just buffer unless you are under a tower. Verizon made up a ticket and will see how that goes. There are only a few cities with AT&T LTE right now so not many complaints I guess. Anyone have any ideas??????

Vinny
PS Great Patriots game on Sunday night.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just tested mine...and it works. I rarely use the youtube app, so I can't speak on whether or not it was working before.

In DC running on 4G LTE, BAMF Forever 1.0.9
YouTube version 2.3.4

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be onto something with AT&T turning on their LTE, but to be honest, I don't know enough to know why that would interfere with YouTube. I know that I'm able to download content over LTE without a problem, but AT&T hasn't turned on their network in my area. I'm sure you've tried restarting your phone, but it sounds like a network issue to me. Other than that, I'm afraid I'm not much help. :) Hopefully Verizon figures it out for you.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, I'm in Buffalo now but it hasn't worked from Philly to Albany either. When I got here I put it on wifi and it worked fine, verizon must be blocking youtube. I used netflix and HBO and both worked just fine.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just tested it in Atlanta with some of my You Tube favorites (Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain) and no problem here.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tested it in Atlanta with some of my You Tube favorites (Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain) and no problem here.

The problem is wherever AT&T has turned their LTE Network on. They flipped the LTE switch here in Boston on or around Sunday and that is when the hit the fan. I have seen articles from AT&T customers with this same issue. I don't understand why this is screwing up the YouTube signal over LTE. I can get YouTube great over WiFi or 3G but when I flip to LTE which I get sick speeds here in Boston the videos come right up but will not start. I have no problems with any other videos in any rogram but anythng that has YouTube involved it will not work. That sucks because all flash is usually YouTube related.

Vinny

PS I have KillaSense 3.5 with overclocked Kernel running on my Thunderbolt and all was great until Sunday. I flashed several other Roms all with the same problem. Then My new phone comes today and yes same problem. I did not download any apps so I could rule out a bad app as a possible reason. No Luck.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
AT&T LTE has been on in Atlanta for several weeks now. I am not discounting your issue, just saying I have not experienced it here.

OmahaPlaya

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I read a news article on MSNBC about AT&T telling customers in there terms of service contracts that they can't use there phones to do video streaming it seems based on what I understand.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
AT&T LTE has been on in Atlanta for several weeks now. I am not discounting your issue, just saying I have not experienced it here.

I just recently got out of hospital and maybe I am in a strong AT&T LTE zone where it some how screws up my YouTube App. I will be getting out very soon and want to see just how far this will go in my area if in fact that is what it is. Very frustrating because every website has some YouTube clip to view, it just sucks.
I hope someone can figure this mess out.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So um are you guys somehow running the thunderbolt on ATT or are you all in the wrong forum?

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So um are you guys somehow running the thunderbolt on ATT or are you all in the wrong forum?

No, they're saying that since AT&T activated their LTE Network its has been interfering or believe that it is interfering with the broadcasting of youtube on Verizons 4G network while both AT&T 4G & Verizon 4G networks are in the same area.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No, they're saying that since AT&T activated their LTE Network its has been interfering or believe that it is interfering with the broadcasting of youtube on Verizons 4G network while both AT&T 4G & Verizon 4G networks are in the same area.

Oh freaky....

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
There should be no interference between Verizon's LTE, which uses the upper 700 MHz spectrum and AT&T's, which uses the lower 700 MHz spectrum. There is no cross over between the two and phones will only work on their respective carrier's LTE. That's not to say there isn't some weird routing issue that is affecting only YouTube. Highly unlikely, but I guess possible. Oh, BTW, YouTube works over LTE for me here.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I live in San Antonio, we have ATT LTE here too, I have no problems. If there was interference, it would mess with all data, not just Youtube. Youtube doesn't use it's own frequency or bandwidth....its still using the same LTE data on your phone as anything else does. I highly doubt that is your issue.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I contacted verizon and they gave me this fix... ##778 - edit menu - 000000 - modem settings - rev a - enable - menu - commit changes. Worked for me.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this AM and very happy to report the YouTube app is working on the LTE and all other Networks. You get so used to being able to just flip the YouTube app and play anything without buffering on Verizon's great LTE Network and when it doesn't work it really sucks. I didn't do anything but put a repair ticket to Verizon, don't think that was the reason because the ticket went in at 8:00 pm yesterday. Who knows, just very happy it is working.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon