Odd 4G behavior

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from a conference in Westminster, CO, which is between Denver and Boulder, and 4G was very sporadic. In Denver, I'd consistently connect to LTE, but Westminster was another story. For about 80% of the time, I was on 3G, only intermittently connecting to 4G, even though the signal, when I was connected, seemed solid, even though data was a bit slow--in the 3 mbp/a range. And I really wasn't moving much, spending most of my time in the Westin.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on out there? Is LTE still in the testing stage in Westminster, or could Verizon be having technical issues? There were times when data on my Bolt actually ground to a halt. Granted, this was a tech conference, but I've had data inside a stadium with 100,000 other people.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I travel to/from Westminster all the time. Westminster has been very 4G spotty ever since the rollout. Although it is better now. Depends on where you are, exactly. Inside a hotel meeting room is usually NOT a good place, anywhere.

Also, you may have noticed, being from Alabama, that the speeds out here in Colorado are not nearly as fast as in most eastern locations. Even with perfect 4G connectivity. I chalk it up to them having to put a higher number of lower power antennas per mile to deal with the hilly terrain here.

-Frank

Last edited:

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I live right next to the Westin in Westminster, and I always have 4G in my house, but I swear some times 3G seems faster. Web pages start to load faster on 3G, but when I'm in my car heading to the Flatirons Mall, I'll get the 4G symbol, but no data connection. It's very peculiar. Walking and staying still 4G works awesome.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams