Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By recDNA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail not working on phone

Anybody have any idea why Gmail has stopped working on my phone? It won't send any messages and the Inbox refuses to sync. (I sent a test message from my PC email to my gmail account. It isn't showing up on my phone. Yet when I check my Gmail account online, it's there.) I've rebooted the phone and that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: Gmail not working on phone

Quote Originally Posted by TnTexas View Post
    Anybody have any idea why Gmail has stopped working on my phone? It won't send any messages and the Inbox refuses to sync. (I sent a test message from my PC email to my gmail account. It isn't showing up on my phone. Yet when I check my Gmail account online, it's there.) I've rebooted the phone and that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    Delete data in gmail. It will resync and all will be well

Check under Accounts and Sync in settings. Make sure your account is set to auto sync your gmail.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 wi-fi from Tapatalk.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Delete data in gmail. It will resync and all will be well
    Thanks, but it didn't work. I even tried uninstalling updates, and it still won't send messages. It just sits there in the Outbox spinning its wheels. Any other ideas?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by markkelley View Post
    Check under Accounts and Sync in settings. Make sure your account is set to auto sync your gmai.
    Yep, it's set. Still not working. Any other ideas? Thanks

You wont want to do this but try a factory reset. I had a really weird glitch in my Gmail and the stores said it was normal. I knew all the while it wasn't. I decided after trying everything to do a reset and it fixed it. If you do this and it doesn't work then go see a tech person. But I highly suggest it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by TnTexas View Post
    Thanks, but it didn't work. I even tried uninstalling updates, and it still won't send messages. It just sits there in the Outbox spinning its wheels. Any other ideas?
    Check gmail on your computer. See if anything in outbox. See if any files are present or absent compared to phone. Deletw any possible offenders. Delete file in outbox of phone. Delete gmail data.
    FrankXS likes this.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Delete file in outbox of phone. Delete gmail data.
    +1

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]