Finally Stepping up!

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so for the past 2 years I have been part of the crazyiness that is HP/Palm/Webos. Checking Cowboom today, they have a TB's for $150 w 20% off, so I thought what the heck, if I dont like it I can always flip it, or send it back. We just got 4g where I live, and I'm really not a huge droid fan, but hopefully I can warm up to it. I LOVE Webos, love the multitasking, love the Preware people and users, even love my Touchpad I finally got, i hate the fact that HP dropped the ball on an awesome platform. Most of all I loved about the Pre was the free Mobile Hotspot.

Anyways, I am excited to see about the TB. My work phone is a droid 2, and like it. I have a question though, and I've been browsing through the pages on here to see if I could find it, but I haven't so, don't shoot me cause I'm a noob :)

Is there a way to get mobile hotspot/free thethering without rooting?

Oh nother question, It doesn't come with a 32gb card, so I bought an 8gb, will this be enough for now, or not?

Im sure there will be more quiestions as I look through the pages, and get the TB in a week or so, I am excited! :D

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get mobile hotspot/free thethering without rooting?

Oh nother question, It doesn't come with a 32gb card, so I bought an 8gb, will this be enough for now, or not?

PDAnet works w/o rooting. 8 will work but I would suggest more.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I am also a huge webOS fan, and I've been on the Bolt for nearly four months. I love this phone. There are a few aspects of the Pre that I miss, but otherwise I've learned to let go of the fanboy within and embrace Android.

Also, the 8 gb of space is only an issue if you rely on files stored on the phone. If you don't plan on rooting (and if you ever used Preware, you already have a rooting mindset), then you won't need to worry about having ROMs and ROM backups on your phone. Your music can be stored online with Google Music, and you can edit and create documents using Google Docs. As such, the amount if space on your phone SD card is quickly becoming redundant.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I noticed PDAnet was available, but didnt really like it when I had my Blackberry, I'll check out Easytether. Do PDA or easytether allow 4g tethering?

I know how it is with Webos, I have 2 pixi's 3 pre+'s and 2 pre2's lol. Needless to say I have quiet a bit of touchstones laying around im gonna miss :( .

Hopefully for cyber monday I'll find a good 16 or 32gb for cheap. I bought 2 8 gb's for $5 each (with a mail in rebate) they are class 10's so hopefully they will work.

Another question that just came to mind, will I still be on unlimited data or not since I'm switching to 4g/3g?

Well hate to say it, but I just bought a rezound from costco for $50 with 2yr agreement.

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You should still have unlimited data as long as you don't lower your plan..
I believe that is true as long as you currently have unlimited data on the Nationwide plan. Folks that may have "unlimited" on the older America's Choice plan will not.

-Frank

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am surprised it isn't with a 32 micro SD card because mine came with one ! You will definitely want a larger micro SD card

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest at least a 16gb....I have an extra one I would send u for free. I use "barnicle" to do my hotspot tethering.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Defcon999
That is such a nice gesture to offer the OP a microSD card free. Not many people today offer niceness anymore.
I just wanted to say that's really nice of you.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to raise my own dead thread, but I just recieved the TB today from cowboom, I was afraid to really look at it, becuase my choices were ones with scratched screens and such, but I finally found one that stated "scratch on kickstand" and that was it. Well it came and that is the only flaw! i am sooo happy I ordered it. I also ordered a rezound, and if it is any better than the TB I'll pee myself from excitement! I do miss webos a little, but these 4g speeds im getting are amazing! I only get the 4g while in town, but thats ok. I love the screen, its so huge and beautiful!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke