Awkward dark spot on my phone?

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Its in the lower right corner, I think I just noticed it. I spilled a drink on it last night and I wasn't sure if that was the reason, so I put it in rice over night but that didn't do anything. It only REALLY shows up on white backgrounds, and the touch still works there, but yeah. Its like a a blob, no real rhyme or reason to it, and its not even a full blob, like the center of it has parts that aren't dark.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on by any chance? Sometimes condensation, or in this case, drink, can get trapped under it and cause a slight discoloration of the screen. I hope it's something simple like this which is easily fixed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Also here in Arizona a company has gone into the malls called GOTRONICS they claim to be able to fix anything from water damage to broken screens. See if they are in your area. I don't know if they are nationwide.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on by any chance? Sometimes condensation, or in this case, drink, can get trapped under it and cause a slight discoloration of the screen. I hope it's something simple like this which is easily fixed.
Yes I do actually, its not that though, the first thing I did was lift the protector to see if it was that.

I don't think its anything to worry about though, since it seems to be....evaporating? Like I don't even know how to describe it. It was a shot of straight alcohol though, so I guess that's why its not exactly ing up my phone. If it doesn't completely go away though I'll probably head up to verizon, I had to work black friday so I couldn't today.

Claudia Quintero

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Its in the lower right corner, I think I just noticed it. I spilled a drink on it last night and I wasn't sure if that was the reason, so I put it in rice over night but that didn't do anything. It only REALLY shows up on white backgrounds, and the touch still works there, but yeah. Its like a a blob, no real rhyme or reason to it, and its not even a full blob, like the center of it has parts that aren't dark.

Did you ever find out what it was? I have the same thing on my phone in the exact place.