64gb SD in a Bolt??

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody tried this yet? Just curious ...... would love to know. Not many people need this option, but I'm a photog/CompTech & like to have my photos/vidoes to show & utils for computers. Had the Bionic for 3 days & constantly had issues with my 32gb in the Bionic :(

Cheers :) , Jon

Last edited:

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
It has been said that it works if you format the card to FAT32 when its in the thunderbolt. i have seen reports of it working on other android devices including a few HTC devices.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I saw some of those threads a while back & then they got buried. Now if the price would go down :)

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It will not work, at least with current software. The Thunderbolt (and all current devices) only support up to 32 GB SD cards. If this is also a hardware limitation like many old computers had with RAM, then there may be no way at all to get a 64 GB card to work.

Why in the world do you need that space? The only significant space I have on my SD card is my current custom ROM should I ever need to re-flash. All my music is on Google Music, and movies I can stream from my computer.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Why in the world do you need that space? The only significant space I have on my SD card is my current custom ROM should I ever need to re-flash. All my music is on Google Music, and movies I can stream from my computer.
I can see where a person without unlimited data might like more space. Personally, I thought 32GB was plenty.

-Frank

Reactions: jroc

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

So nice that that works for you. Personally, I would like to keep all my MP3s on my phone, so I can listen to whatever I want, whenever I want. 32GB is too small for that, but 64GB would be plenty.

And I want to be able to listen even when I'm in an area with bad or no signal.

And I don't want to eat the battery that it takes to stream my music over a data connection whenever I want to listen.

But that's just me....

jpattersonlee

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
So nice that that works for you. Personally, I would like to keep all my MP3s on my phone, so I can listen to whatever I want, whenever I want. 32GB is too small for that, but 64GB would be plenty.

And I want to be able to listen even when I'm in an area with bad or no signal.

And I don't want to eat the battery that it takes to stream my music over a data connection whenever I want to listen.

But that's just me....

This is EXACTLY why I choose to store my music on my phone over using streaming services. The reason for avoiding excess battery drain is huge.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

In many ways this replaces my laptop & then some. I carry all of my Photo Proofs from 10 years to show to clients, important docs, drivers, app backups & yes music .... I'm a junky :) 32gb is almost perfect, but some more would be better & then my images don't have to be compressed as much.

The future is in the plams of our hands .... I believe it now for sure :D

Cheers :)

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
As somebody said earlier, I like the speed of local files & I'm not going to put them in a place like that anyway. Sometimes when I need to show them to clients I don't have a data connection anyway.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What you might want to do is go through your files and clean out the "dead wood" so to speak. I am a DIGITAL PACKRAT and I like to have a lot of stuff on my phone....you never know when you will need it right?.

I ask myself "When was the last time I viewed those photo's?, listened to that music?, watched that video?". If it is more than a month or 2, then obviously it is just taking up space and I copy it to my laptop or if it is something I really want to keep I can dump it to DropBox I will have it at my fingertips.

I like the Google Music idea, but, if I am in a 3G area or I don't have access to WiFi, I would get frustrated.

I just checked...I have 11,588 files on my SD Card and I am using 26GB. That is EVERYTHING on my card....cache, temp, drivers, ROMS, Music, Movies, Pictures, Video's, Data.

I am constantly cleaning off my SD

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Google music has a cache option for when you don't have service? I mean this isn't a dead on solution but you should be able to access a good amount of music even without service.

I'm impressed you can fit all your MP3's onto 64gb I have and listen to way more than that haha.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary