http://bit.ly/tgtEo8

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    11-29-2011 10:59 PM
    Why didn't they just pull the battery.

streetstrip01 likes this.
    11-30-2011 09:13 AM
    what does this have to do with the thunderbolt?

There's not even any pictures.
    11-30-2011 09:58 AM
    Why didn't they just pull the battery.
    Why would you touch a battery if its on fire? Even if you could remove it?

If you look closely the apple icon is not the stock icon because there's a silhouette of jobs in it. So the custom back could've cause the overheating. I knew someone would post this

Original story
    11-30-2011 10:13 AM
    Why would you touch a battery if its on fire? Even if you could remove it?

If you look closely the apple icon is not the stock icon because there's a silhouette of jobs in it. So the custom back could've cause the overheating. I knew someone would post this

Original story
    those are just stickers you can place over the stock apple logo. so the back is probably stock. however, this most likely means (because typical phone users dont modify anything on their phone) that he was a power user, probably overclocked, possibly running other software or something...who knows. its still kinda funny though
    11-30-2011 12:03 PM
    those are just stickers you can place over the stock apple logo. so the back is probably stock. however, this most likely means (because typical phone users dont modify anything on their phone) that he was a power user, probably overclocked, possibly running other software or something...who knows. its still kinda funny though
    Couldn't agree with up more. Sad thing is apple has always had battery issues
    11-30-2011 12:35 PM
    Doesn't the iPhone have an auto shut down like the thunderbolt for overheat situations?
    11-30-2011 05:13 PM
    Doesn't the iPhone have an auto shut down like the thunderbolt for overheat situations?
    +1.
    12-01-2011 05:55 PM
    +1.
    The overheat sensor probably burned up first.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 06:16 PM
    I'm really not going to rag on Apple TOO much. After all, they have so many devices out there, crap like this is going to happen.

BUT

In a device with a removeable battery, the battery pack itself has safety circuits in it. No overcharging, undercharging, or high currents allowed. The safety in the battery will prevent it. Then, you additionally have smarts built into the device itself to limit the voltage and current. So it is double protected, so to speak. This does add bulk.
    But a device with a non-removeable battery has the safety circuit built into the phone. Only. The battery is bare and connects directly. It saves a little space, but it offers a little bit less protection.
    12-01-2011 07:10 PM
    Thats what happens when you dont turn on airplane mode, your phone explodes. Lesson learned.
    12-01-2011 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD