Advantages to "rooting"?

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
n00b here

just wondering what the advantages are to rooting the Thuderbolt?

does it void any warranties?

mine is stock, owned since April

thanks in advance for any replies :)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
See the FAQ linked in my signature.

The main advantages are being able to fully customize your android experience, and install custom ROMs...among others.

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
n00b here

just wondering what the advantages are to rooting the Thuderbolt?

does it void any warranties?

mine is stock, owned since April

thanks in advance for any replies :)

I've been rooted for about a week now, and I love all of the abilities I have. You can remove those pesky Verizon pre-loaded aps, you can access to a lot of root-only apps like screenshot and rom manager. You can also TETHER FOR FREE! Phone can be faster and save more battery. You can also add roms and themes (like the newest version of sense as well as BEATS AUDIO).

WELCOME TO FREEDOM

o and it does void your warranty

Last edited:

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Unless you want to jump in and learn what it can do (CPU setting, System settings, custom ROMS), there is no advantage of rooting. If you ROOT and don't install a custom ROM, all you will have is a Stock phone that is unlocked/rooted. You might get battery life a little, and you will be able to tether for free, but that is about it.

The advantage.....you will be flashing the newest ROMS like a madman (or woman). You will be eagerly checking the user forums to see if your ROM has been updated.

I flash a new ROM about once a week. Currently, my favorite is INFECTED ETERNITY (Sense 3.5 and Beats Audio).

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the advantage is better software support. Rooting would be absolutely pointless if there wasn't a kick ass community of developers making roms. Better battery life, snappier response, customization, user interfaces, new features, the list goes on. The reason to root is that it makes the rabbit hole endless rather than knee deep.

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the advantage is better software support. Rooting would be absolutely pointless if there wasn't a kick ass community of developers making roms. Better battery life, snappier response, customization, user interfaces, new features, the list goes on. The reason to root is that it makes the rabbit hole endless rather than knee deep.

Maybe not endless, but you can deffinately get to CHINA :p

EdwardIII

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Another great reason to root your Thunderbolt is amazing battery life! I've been rooted since July, when the Revolutionary root came out...Im currently running BAMF_Cubed 1.10 ROM with ImoseyonLean 5.0.1 Kernel and Im getting about a day and a half battery life out of my stock battery that Ive had since March!!! Before I rooted, I was getting about 6 hours battery life! So do the math. Another reason is to customize your phone, such as themes and removing bloatware. Rooting my Thunderbolt is the best decision Ive made, I wont need a new phone for a long time as I can install ROMs and customize my phone...where its like I have a new phone every week or month!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user