random files ending up in /download

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I was using my phone to download a file and transfer it to my laptop tonight. When I plugged the phone into the computer and opened up the /sdcard/download directory, I noticed it was full of files, most of them were "noname" with numbers attached. Also, there was a word document that had been downloaded over and over again as well. It looks like its the same file that downloads every minute or so for several hours, then stops and starts again randomly.

There were close to 1300 of these files and it took up 191mb in the phone. I deleted all of it after I was done transfering the 1 file I needed. Since I thought it was weird I downloaded Astro and opened up the Download folder and low and behold files were filling up at random times again. Anyone else have this problem or know what may be causing it?

I have a totally stock Thunderbolt running the GB update and have not rooted or anything. I dont download pirated apps and only get reputable apps from amazon or the regular market. I was about to root but I want to fix this problem before I do. Thanks in advance.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just checked mine and it IS NOT filled up with files you stated. It only has files I downloaded from Amazon App store or pictures I saved or downloaded. I am rooted so I don't know that if that plays into it and to be honest, I can't remember what it looked like before I rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae