Beautiful Widget

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Must be quite a popular app. It was 10 cents last week (Wednesday) too. I grabbed it then (my first purchased app ever! :)). Also downloaded the animation pack (free) and have been using the Beautiful Home Weather widget, background hidden, with the NakedAlloy skin (thanks to jackmei2 :)) on my home screen replacing the stock HTC weather clock. Big improvement looks much better and it's NOT using any more battery than the stock widget! Clicking on the time brings up the stock clock app and pressing on the date brings up the stock Calendar app (allowed me to ditch the calendar widget on one of my home screens). These options are configurable as to what app you want to open. Also, it allows you to choose either Google weather service or Accuweather. Google is so much better than Accuweather which is what the stock HTC widget is stuck on (you can't change it). There are a lot of skins available and the app is very customizable. Very awesome app! Well worth the ten cents. After using it, I would say even at full price.

Note: configured to only sync every 3 hours and not using the notificaton bar option, no refresh on wake - all probably help minimize battery drain.

Last edited:

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Still free at Getjar.com. That's where I got it a while back. Very nice app.

-Frank

Oh crap .... now I'm going to have to see if I can get a price match from the market .... LOL!

Thanks to the OP .... I almost bought it the other day @ $2.99. This is my second paid app .... first one is iBird :D

Cheers :)

Maverickz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My BW doesn't work. I have a "beautiful" clock/weather widget on the home screen but it refuses to update. The current time as I type this is Wed Dec 14th 12:19am but the widget still shows it's Mon Dec 12th at 7:08pm (the time I put the widget on the screen). Nothing about it updates. The default clock shows the correct time, and the wifi is working perfectly, but the widget just will not update.

Any ideas?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My BW doesn't work. I have a "beautiful" clock/weather widget on the home screen but it refuses to update. The current time as I type this is Wed Dec 14th 12:19am but the widget still shows it's Mon Dec 12th at 7:08pm (the time I put the widget on the screen). Nothing about it updates. The default clock shows the correct time, and the wifi is working perfectly, but the widget just will not update.

Any ideas?

That is pretty odd.
I've been using it for many months and never a hickup like that.

You aren't running so sort of task killer are you?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas?

No problem here. It does sound like a task killer is preventing the app from running/updating normally. The app should be getting the date/time off the local system clock, only the weather data needs network access. Something else to try would be removing the widget, then clearing the app's data and setting up a new widget.

Maverickz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
No problem here. It does sound like a task killer is preventing the app from running/updating normally. The app should be getting the date/time off the local system clock, only the weather data needs network access. Something else to try would be removing the widget, then clearing the app's data and setting up a new widget.

I had restarted Android and that didn't help. Once I booted into webOS and back to Android, it seems to be working now. Thanks for the suggestions though.