1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Something is killing my battery!

I have my phone on sleep while I'm at work and I've been noticing that my battery is significantly draining. I have wifi and mobile data off and its gone down nearly 20% in the last 3 hours. Is there a way to find out what program is the culprit?

I've never had a problem like this before. Haven't flashed anything new recently or installed any apps. Normally battery life has been great.
    Last edited by Lyle Ferguson; 12-17-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: Something is killing my battery!

Look at your battery use... Settings > About Phone > then look around for "Battery use"
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Get the app airpush defender. It will tell you what bad apps you may have too. An apparently that continually runs in the background can be a culprit. Also if you work in a building that has bad reception....can be a problem.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Most likely just an attack of the HTC Dialer App.. Ever since the Gingerbread update my battery usage became worse due to the fact that the Dialer App sometimes accounts for over 40% of the battery usage

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts

when I was on cm7 widget locker killed my battery so if you have that app backup settings and uninstall it and see if its the problem. I also read the new update for beautiful Widgets drains battery fast
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well I don't have widget locker, I'm running liquid 3.2 so no HTC dialer issues. I'll have to check out the airpush app tonight.
    As for battery details, I can post pics but don't know how on this forum with my phone.
    Last edited by Lyle Ferguson; 12-17-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Get the app airpush defender. It will tell you what bad apps you may have too. An apparently that continually runs in the background can be a culprit. Also if you work in a building that has bad reception....can be a problem.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    that's just for pop-ups in your task bar.