What did you find right or wrong with new update

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After the 2.11.605.9 update what have you found that works or does not work. So far the ringtone issue is fixed I haven't had the problem again. I've heard the notifications volume issue is gone. Someone said the voice mail notification was stuck on but I didn't have that problem. Any other issues or fixes?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow guys. Mine charges fine. Battery life hasn't changed. I still love rocking my bolt

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Google Talk video no longer works on 3G, and takes out the 3G connection when attempted, which either takes a couple of minutes to reset itself or requires a data on/off or reboot. Works great on wifi though.

Other than that, I've noticed no real differences. Seems to charge a tad more quickly but that may be imaginary.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was very happy with my Bolt before the update, so... no real change. Perhaps the placebo effect. Kind of like changing your oil. I'm more happy with it now :D

Seriously, about the only thing I can comment on is the radios. They do seem better to me as far as switching faster (3G/4G) and not "hanging" w/o a data connection.

HTC is giving me a very warm feeling by releasing this update on a 9 month old phone that was already in pretty darned good shape. Yay HTC/VZW! And, I know from reading these forums that a whole lotta people will be very happy with the customized individual ringtone fix.

Edit: I just counted on my fingers... this is the 5th software update in 9 months! Average of one very 54 days. MR1, MR2, GB(MR3), VM fix(MR4) and now this Ringtone fix(MR5). How can anyone say that the ThunderBolt doesn't get its share of timely updates/fixes -- but some people do say that. Beats me. I think this is one impressive update/fix record for the HTC/VZW/ThunderBolt.

-Frank

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
All is good! No change here. Everything still working well as it did prior to the update. Then again, I don't use GTalk or any of the features the update was to fix:

Device Features
+ Resolved issue with contact ringtones.
+ Improvements to notification volume. (Never did have this issue)
+ Updated local streaming playback mechanism when network connection is not available.

Apps & Widgets
+ Updated Twitter API for Peep/FriendStream.
+ Clock app included in All App list.
+ Improvements in Exchange ActiveSync.

Can't report on any changes to charging as I rarely if ever use the phone itself to charge a battery.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the ringtone issue is really fixed. Data speed is no different, my 4G tests have been slower since the GB update (I max out at about 12 up, 6 to 8 up is more typical).

At my house, I have dropped back to "Current Location" on the weather widget, but that started on the 15th, before I updated. Other places around are fine, so it may be a tower issue. Battery/SIM card pull has not reset that, nor clearing cache.

Battery life MIGHT be a tad better, but I got an extended on sale several works ago, and it might just be my imagination.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My data connectivity has gone from being perfect to straight garbage after this update. I lose it all the time now.

Try shutting down, pull battery and SIM card for at least three minutes. Should reset your data connection and force the phone to reprovision itself on the network.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that no longer able to multitask. Browse the net, then try to hit home key to text, or ne othet function, no go. Must back out if intetnet to do other actions

anon(258826)

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My Youtube is fixed! Before getting the update (and I'm not certain how long exactly), videos were terribly laggy in HQ mode. Audio streamed fine, but whether I was on 3G, 4G, or wi-fi, only pausing and playing again would allow the video proceed, and then only for a few frames.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that no longer able to multitask. Browse the net, then try to hit home key to text, or ne othet function, no go. Must back out if intetnet to do other actions

Hmmm... it works here. Have you tried to power off and pull battery for a few minutes to reset the phone? That seems to fix many things.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. Did you do batt pull & restart?

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
nfl mobile is broken for me. there is a blue "loading" box in the center of the screen. it went away last night but it's back.

empinball

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Voicemail indicator symbol will not turn off after update. Checked vm, no message, tried to clear all notifications...no luck, restart phone...no luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae