2.11.605.9 RUU Now Available

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone wants the official full 2.11.605.9 RUU for flashing your phone, it's now available. I like to have the latest RUU in the event I decide to flash the phone for a fresh install of the OS, kind of like wiping your Windows computer and re-installing the OS from scratch

Thanks for sharing! I still haven't received this via OTA, and have been looking for the RUU since Sunday!

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone wants the official full 2.11.605.9 RUU for flashing your phone, it's now available. I like to have the latest RUU in the event I decide to flash the phone for a fresh install of the OS, kind of like wiping your Windows computer and re-installing the OS from scratch. :)

Can you re-install current versions of software if you are not rooted? I know you can't install older software, never tried re-installing current software though.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there another download other than RoorzWiki because it looks like the FBI shutdown MegaUpload? I am looking for the Deodex version..

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried flashing it yet. Probably need to root first in order to flash an older version (than what's currently on the phone, the last OTA). Looking at trter10-2's All In One Tool (in the rooting section) and will probably try it tomorrow. :)

This RUU will work for your version, but there's no point unless you just want to downgrade

Reactions: anon(394005)

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I think so as the .9 version worked fine. Never experienced any of the issues stated for the .19 release (Verizon's update pdf here: http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html):

Device Features
+ Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
+ Improved data connectivity.
+ Improved device stability will decrease device resets.
+ Improvements to default mail application allows Yahoo! Mail accounts to receive messages properly.
+ Resolved issues with Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
+ Incoming calls now display the correct state, when applicable.

Anyway, I'm about to try flashing the .9 RUU and then root the sucker! Woohoo! :p

I think so too. I don't have these problems either. The only thing that could be improved in .9 is the data connectivity. It can be slow to connect at times. After reading all the problems other people have, i'll stick with .9 and be glad i didn't accept the OTA. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech