My Rooted Tbolt Downloaded an OTA Today

a22shady

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone somehow downloaded a New OTA update today and I am guessing tried to install it and now is stuck on a screen with an "Exclamation mark" inside a triangle. I take battery out and reinstall it but goes through same cycle? Any ideas on what to do

Thanks for help

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Take the battery out and go to recovery. Wipe cache and reboot.

Now there are two things you can do, install the new update as a rom or download Root Explorer and to to Etc, Security and rename Otacerts.zip to Otacerts.bak. your phone will still attempt to download the update but it will fail because you renamed the file. Go to the root section to look for the rooted version of the update.

Reactions: a22shady

a22shady

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Dam, Ok Ill try the cache wipe, Still new and still trying to learn so... I have download the ForeverROM 1,10 and gingeritis 3d but have not put either on my phone yet. I was planning on using the Forever ROM once I knew enough to attempt it but I guess I might be there now. So anyone that would have other step by step things to do to fix incase this doesnt work would be appreciated.

Thakns for quick responses

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Head over to the root section and read over the guides.

To install a new rom download the rom, backup all your apps with titanium backup, backup anything else such as texts, reboot into recovery, perform a Nandroid backup (for your current rom), wipe data, wipe cache, go to mounts and storage to format system, go back to main menu, go to advance and wipe dalvik cache, then go to the main menu, go to install rom and find the location of the final and install it. Once its done installing, reboot and enjoy. :)

Reactions: a22shady

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams