Dock mode issue

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am running a stock rooted ROM and I cannot for the life of me find the setting that will launch Dock Mode automatically when I put it in the OEM HTC desk dock charger. I have also learned that it does not work automatically in:
- Ginger 3D
- Infected Eternity

It DOES work in Zeus Skyraider.

I am running a rooted version of the latest update and I have the dock mode app as part of the ROM. I can get the thing to come up manually, but not automatically, which is making me crazy. What am I missing?

EDIT: I flashed back to Skyraider, but now it ISN'T working. Grrrr.....

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im running the stock rom rooted and dock mode works fine for me with the htc dock as well as the verizon car mount dock.

make sure the phone is sitting all the way down in the dock...

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
On a side note, I intentionally disabled dock mode on mine. It is the worst "dock mode" I have ever used. At least on my Nexus One it was functional and I could still access basic functions. Hell, you can't even make a phone call on the device without exiting out of dock mode. I couldn't be happier to have it turned off.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Odd, I don't have that setting on mine whether in the dock or running the app when not docked. My first option is auto-connect. I'm running stock, unrooted.

Bill

Last edited:

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I don't have that setting on mine whether in the dock or running the app when not docked. My first option is auto-connect. I'm running stock, unrooted.

Bill

Mine is rooted stock, and it looks like yours.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Manually open dock mode, press the menu key, and select settings. The option is right there at the top.

I had this option in the Skyraider rom, but not in the rooted stock. Even with the option checked after I restored my Skyraider backup, it still did not automatically start. Bizarre....

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."