Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matukqo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    SkyRaider Zues

Default Help Soft Brick i think

Help Please. I turned on my phone this morning just in time to see a notification pop up in the middle of the screen saying "Shutting Down" My phone would then shut off and restart. It would go through the HTC screen and the Thunderbolt logo screen the go to a blue android guy 'unloading' a box then at like 10% of the bar below him it turned to a blue android guy with a triangle with a exclamation point above him.(See enclosed picture) I pulled the battery and restarted the phone it turned on and lafter 30 seconds or so started this process over again. I rooted it a few days ago with Revolutionary and found out that my sister hit "ok" to download and install the newest Verizon OTA update. How do i fix this? Is there a way out of this cycle without reseting everything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Soft Brick i think-phone-blue-screen.jpg  
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default Re: Help Soft Brick i think

Boot into recovery and wipe cache. Then download a rom and flash it.
    The problem was you were rooted with the stock ROM. The OTA tried to update you and your phone protected you from that.

To get to recovery turn the phone off. Now Hold volume down and power button to get to HBOOT. Simply select recovery and wipe your cache.

You need to download a custom rom and install, this will stop OTA updates from ever touching your phone and screwing it up.
    Thanked by:
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    SkyRaider Zues

What, in your opinion, is the best custom rom?
    By the way Thanks soo much for that solution i was thinking i was going to have to factory reset or something
    Forgetful likes this.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

If you want sense based then go Sky Radier 1.3 , For AOSP try Liquid 3.2, I run both.
    If you're looking for the easiest replacement then I'd go Sky Raider. If you want fastest lightest rom that's close to stock Gingerbread then Liquid.

Make sure to update CWR before flashing and backup your apps&messages with "My Backup Root"

For me I want a fast stable rom with no lag. BAMF and Gingeritis 3D both lag a litte too much for my liking since they are based on Sense 3.0 entirely.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2313-romg...-bolt-2116055/

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9907-liqu...tiple-devices/