Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By johnriii
  • 2 Post By Synycalwon
  • 1 Post By bulldogmoe7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does VZW owe us an explanation?

I'm going to keep this short and simple (hah!) 3 Data outages in less than a month, and I would like an explanation. do you think they will? why or why not?

IF by chance I missed their "explanation" please link me to it. VZW techs are mute on the subject...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does VZW owe us an explanation?

well, that squashes that! thanks!!!

not really did they sms that to your phone ?
    an explanation should be sent to every subscriber along with a rebate for the month of december
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

no sms. and I agree, there should be more of a personal touch...but how many VZW'ers are there out there? I'm satisfied with the article, to a point. I've been with two other of the big carriers...granted almost a decade ago. I'm quite convinced that Sprint, AT&T and T-mobile all have issues that I would gripe about. with Sprint, It was horrific customer service and constantly dropping calls, daily. With VoiceStream (AT&T now, I think), it was bad customer service as well. I'm so much more happy with the six plus years I've spent with Verizon, until these little hiccups are like the dragonflies zipping around your pool as you try to soak up some sun. 90% of your experience is nice, if not for the dang dragonflies. this 10% of annoyance from Verizon is probably miniscule compared to what others MAY be dealing with. this is bad because it's frequent, and bothersome. let's just hope they have this under wraps, and be glad we're not down for weeks instead of hours.
    mrjam3s, FrankXS and Jo5329 like this.

Personally, I think there's a lot of weenie-whining going on (apparently that word triggers a mod to review and block your post on the blog ). I'm satisfied with the explanation, not that I needed it (I work in the IT industry and understand how things can go wrong in complex systems). While the outages are a bit annoying, I don't find any of it is worth stressing about. There are more important things in life to worry about.
    sparkerc and Jo5329 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Personally, I think there's a lot of weenie-whining going on (apparently that word triggers a mod to review and block your post on the blog ). I'm satisfied with the explanation, not that I needed it (I work in the IT industry and understand how things can go wrong in complex systems). While the outages are a bit annoying, I don't find any of it is worth stressing about. There are more important things in life to worry about.
    I agree, and I'm not bellyaching. I still had wifi and 3G through most of all of the three outages. I'm not technically knowledgeable at all, which is primarily why I'm here!! not to mention, most of you guys have been really nice and helpful. it just sucks when you pay premium pricing for not-so-premium service. I know they will work this out, and if they don't....I will take my ball and go play elsewhere....

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    until these little hiccups are like the dragonflies zipping around your pool as you try to soak up some sun. 90% of your experience is nice, if not for the dang dragonflies. this 10% of annoyance from Verizon is probably miniscule compared to what others MAY be dealing with. this is bad because it's frequent, and bothersome. let's just hope they have this under wraps, and be glad we're not down for weeks instead of hours.
    I so agree with you. I have been with Verizon for 8 years and before that I was with Metro PCS (Piece of Crap Service) and I would get dropped calls all the time (in the Silicon Valley). But then again, that was 2002 - 2004 and maybe it is better now.

I am ok giving them some slack and understanding their issues...I bet within a year, everything will be smooth sailing...and I bet within 5 years when 3g is a distant memory, we won't have issues, well, until 5G and 6G come out...LOLOLOL.

We hear about the iPhone problems for a couple of weeks and then it is onto the next thing....this too shall pass. The only people that will remember are the GEEKS like us and the Apple FANBOY's that want to stick it to us. They did lose some steam when Verizon got the iPhone.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I try my best not to "rag" other providers, but my experience with Sprint 6 years ago was classic bad customer service. My wife and I actually came to Verizon because we were so fire mad at Sprint. dropped calls constantly, then three weeks of Sprint managers and supervisors not returning calls to us, and we just happened upon a verizon kiosk at a local mall. the rest is history. so now, with the data outages, Sprint customers that I work with at both jobs are all over me!!! it's quite the embarrasment, I must say...

just get it fixed verizon, so we can brag about you, all over again!!!

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by johnriii View Post
    ...these little hiccups are like the dragonflies zipping around your pool as you try to soak up some sun. 90% of your experience is nice, if not for the dang dragonflies
    Ha. I love it. Great analogy!

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

the world is imperfect, deal with it. sorry **it happens. and there is no way in heck they will send out an sms to millions of people telling them that their service is down. think about if you had a product that has "bumps" would you inform the millions about the issue or keep it quiet to the hundreds who "knew" about the issue. think about it.
    Jo5329 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Ha. I love it. Great analogy!

-Frank
    Frank,
    that's because it's the only part I really despise about owning a pool. I don't even mind the opening/cleaning/closing part. just the dragonflies...and the occasional rodent that drowns in the skimmer!!!

Being in the it industry.... Get over It. You try writing flawless code and releasing it with zero issues ever. Virtually impossible. I can go two days without 4G on my phone. but hey some people call me realistic

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    not really did they sms that to your phone ?
    an explanation should be sent to every subscriber along with a rebate for the month of december
    This post made me lol
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom