Touch Screen and Soft Keys randomly stop working!

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
About 2 days ago my thunderbolt started acting pretty crazy. It started when I was texted the screen would randomly start zooming in and out every time I touched it. Then some of the keys started not working and eventually nothing would work until I put the phone to sleep and then back on, only to find it happen again a few moments later. It used to be every hour or so, but now every time I turn the phone on something weird is happening. I have tried everything from pulling the battery, reboots, flashing new ROMS (I am rooted), and yes I did clear everything 3 times (cache, data, and dalvik), so I am guessing it would have to be a hardware issue, Does anybody know of a fix for this?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does it do it when you flash a new rom haven't restored any apps or settings?

If so then return to stock and call Verizon. They'll replace it as long as the problems are still there when it's stock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems to happen all the time, reguardless of what I am doing. I notice it the most when I am typing since parts of the keyboard stop working all of the sudden. And I would go to verizon, but I got the phone wet a while back so I know they would tell me that is why the phone is acting up. And even though that very well may be the issue, I dont think so since there has been a good month between the phone getting wet and the screen acting up.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a really good chance that when the phone got when it corroded something after a month. That may be why you have this issue.

I have experienced this before on my thunderbolt but it's because I wasn't pressing hard enough. If I miss a key I just press a bit harder and it works. Its almost like my fingers barely touch the screen.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It seems to happen all the time, reguardless of what I am doing. I notice it the most when I am typing since parts of the keyboard stop working all of the sudden. And I would go to verizon, but I got the phone wet a while back so I know they would tell me that is why the phone is acting up. And even though that very well may be the issue, I dont think so since there has been a good month between the phone getting wet and the screen acting up.

Do you have insurance? If not let Verizon look at it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34