Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kylep23's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

    Default Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    Is there an app that would auto sync photos from my bolt to say a picassa or dropbox type cloud?

    sent from my thunderbolt via tapatalk on 4g LTE while navigating at the same time
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    If I have background data turned on with auto sync, my photos will upload to my Google+ profile, then from there I can edit, share, add to picasa albums, etc. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I + know that Google+ will do that at least.
  3. #3  
    worwig's Avatar

    Posts
    733 Posts
    Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    Sugarsync.
    Syncs photos, videos, and folders to the cloud. Those can be synced to about any other device.
    Up to 5GB free.

    I really like it over Dropbox.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    Sugarsync.
    Syncs photos, videos, and folders to the cloud. Those can be synced to about any other device.
    Up to 5GB free.

    I really like it over Dropbox.
    Agreed. Sugarsync rocks. I just started using it last week for photo back up. I tried a lot of cloud services but I like Sugarsync.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    There's a whole bunch of them: FolderSync, Dropin, Titanium Media Sync, Sweet Home.

    I have tested all of those, some are limited to just photos and videos, others to only a small set of cloud services.

    I chose FolderSync, which connects to many different cloud services, including Dropbox, Box, SugarSync; it does any type of file; it will sync on wifi, power or a schedule. It's pretty sweet!
    Thanked by 3:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    There is a photo stream included with Google+

    Install Google+ app on your mobile, goto it's settings and enable Instant upload. For photo's and video's. To view, goto your google+ page | Pictures button at the top | Choose from my mobile.

    I'm looking for other ways that will integrate with the iCloud photo stream but haven't found one yet.....
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    Most people don't want every photo they take to upload automatically.

    But Picasa sync has been in Android since Dirt. Long press a bunch of photos in the Gallery and share to your free Picasa account.

    Why would you need another application for this?
    No Google+ account required.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    Agree with both the Google+ and SugarSync suggestions, I use both to autosync my photos, although I don't really want to, it's better to be on the safe side I guess. SugarSync recently released an update to add autosync for videos too! It's awesome for file synchronisation too, I bought a 30 GB account during last year's cyber Monday sale after being a long time free account user and I have only been more pleased with the service since then. Try it out! It suits your request perfectly
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Any way to have a "photo stream" on android?

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Most people don't want every photo they take to upload automatically.

    But Picasa sync has been in Android since Dirt. Long press a bunch of photos in the Gallery and share to your free Picasa account.

    Why would you need another application for this?
    No Google+ account required.
    With Google+ (and other apps listed in this thread), your photos will automatically be backed up to your account in the cloud. That is kinda what it means to "sync". Why would you want to go in and manually add the photos to your Picasa account?

    I know with G+ you get to choose which photos are displayed on your account. Photos are not automatically shared publicly.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    There's a whole bunch of them: FolderSync, Dropin, Titanium Media Sync, Sweet Home.

    I have tested all of those, some are limited to just photos and videos, others to only a small set of cloud services.

    I chose FolderSync, which connects to many different cloud services, including Dropbox, Box, SugarSync; it does any type of file; it will sync on wifi, power or a schedule. It's pretty sweet!
    Didn't know they had programs such as these that worked with dropbox. Definitely going to give them a try.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

B