Interesting experience and questions

balancesheet

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just to share some interesting experience with you guys ? I got my replacement TB yesterday because I can not hear anything when making or receiving calls (speaker and Bluetooth worked though). The phone was replaced under the 1-year warranty, which was expiring in 2 months.

In any event, after I started using the new (refurbished) phone, I noticed immediately the 4G signal was very stable and strong. My 4G connection at home is generally not that bad so I didn?t think too much of it. The surprise came this morning when I arrived in the office ? I have good 4G signals again! I never had signals this strong and steady since day 1 whenever I am in office. I always thought it would be impossible to have good signals being surrounded by buildings in midtown Manhattan. I don?t know if this will last but I am certainly enjoying it.

One quick question though ? I noticed that my old calendar events didn?t show up when I linked my Google account to the phone while everything else seems ok (i.e. emails, settings and IE bookmarks, etc.). I only see future events. Is this normal? My wife?s Iphone has the option to link all events but I can?t find it here. Any pointers?

Also I guess I will need to download all my apps again to the new phone, right?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
congrats on the upgraded experience

is this phone running the newer radios/software as compared to your previous phone? perhaps that's why you're experiencing such better signal.

calendar events=which calendar app are you viewing? make sure you have all of the applicable calendars checkmarked for viewing in your calendar. at times, upon initial setup, it will only show "pc sync" and no other calendars.

balancesheet

May 6, 2011
Visit site
congrats on the upgraded experience

is this phone running the newer radios/software as compared to your previous phone? perhaps that's why you're experiencing such better signal.

calendar events=which calendar app are you viewing? make sure you have all of the applicable calendars checkmarked for viewing in your calendar. at times, upon initial setup, it will only show "pc sync" and no other calendars.

Thanks for your reply - both phones have the latest software - identical everything as far as i can tell.

I am using the built-in calendar and linked only to my Google account. I also have the Xoom and events (and apps) are always linked. I only have 1 Google account and never use anything else.