HTC needs to make a comeback. (LONG POST)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think HTC will be sitting pretty while other companies are out there out doing them. HTC is working on something great. I don't have any links or any idea what it'll be but they won't let us down. Just be patient, 2012 will be amazing for consumers. ;)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think HTC will be sitting pretty while other companies are out there out doing them. HTC is working on something great. I don't have any links or any idea what it'll be but they won't let us down. Just be patient, 2012 will be amazing for consumers. ;)

Perhaps, but I bet you won't see a louder speaker/vibrator, best screen, multicolor led, vanilla android ui. Those are the things I care about that htc doesn't and never have.

Then why did I buy it? Only choice for 4G and simultaneous voice and data at the time I bought my phone.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The quadcore snapdragon processor the S3 is rumored to be unveiled at MWC which is great. HTC I believe to be coming out very powerful devices. I just hoping it is just not in same package we seen before from htc.

OP is not argument about HTC in specs but a comparison between HTC and other compaines. The other companies have visually change look of there product beyond specs where HTC has stayed same. I have prime examples they shows evidence of what I mean with Motorola and Samsung. Both comes started same has HTC with there product and at heart the same now but look greatly better.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
htc is the best, and i do not want ice cream sandwich, looks crappy

But a lot of us DO. Other manufacturers give users a CHOICE. You could buy the charge with its crappy UI or the vanilla android ics galaxy. I think HTC should do the same thing. Offer adulturated android for those who enjoy sense and pure android for those of us who don't. Why would that bother even the most ardent sense lovers? Heck, you know HTC makes Windows phones. That's ok but we can't have pure ics?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
But a lot of us DO. Other manufacturers give users a CHOICE. You could buy the charge with its crappy UI or the vanilla android ics galaxy. I think HTC should do the same thing. Offer adulturated android for those who enjoy sense and pure android for those of us who don't. Why would that bother even the most ardent sense lovers? Heck, you know HTC makes Windows phones. That's ok but we can't have pure ics?

Vanilla ICS is only available on a Nexus device. Samsung just happens to be the one who got it this year. HTC has had it in the past; as the Nexus One. I don't know if you're gonna convince Google or the manufacturers otherwise. :)

Reactions: waker and FrankXS

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm not trying to force ics on you. Just wish htc would make one phone with it for me....or do you want htc to put sense in their windows phones too? That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey I'm not trying to force ics on you. Just wish htc would make one phone with it for me....or do you want htc to put sense in their windows phones too? That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!

I thought they already had Sense on Windows phones?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had 5 Bolts ... still have #4 :) I had the rezound & Bionic for 3 days each. Touched the Galalaxy Nexus, Razr & No WAY!!! I would rather have GB & Go Launcher EX on my Bolt :) My Bolt is so solid compared to the others right now & has more options :D In some way it may not be as fast, but for what it is .... it is still very close to the top IMHO :D

My aim is a ways down the road with the quads & my money is on HTC :D ..... I hope :)

Cheers :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I also use go launcher but first sense slows it down then we have to add a launcher on TOP slowing it further. If our tbolts were aosp they would FLY! All the aosp roms are buggy cuz they are kanged from other phones.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I also have the Puddle live wallpaper & it's not that bad. I also use Android Boost to optimze & that helps. I don't realyy do that mcuh in a day, but it lasts me 2 days & can't complain!

Cheers :)

marka_450

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried HTC Sensation for 2 weeks via T-Mobile (service not good in my area so i returned it within 30-days) Phone build quality was awsome but HTC needs to improve on speaker quality and volume.

aburgthing

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP makes a very valid point and one that is being talked about in various forums. I too love HTC. That being said, HTC is becoming very stale in the implementation of their devices. I realize that the carriers have much to do with what is released on their networks. However, I like the way that Samsung produced the Galaxy line in a worldwide platform. Different form factors for the carriers but if you got a Galaxy from Samsung, you got the top of the line. There is no such model for HTC. I would love to see an "Evo" line or Thunderbolt, etc. but one starting point for the high end "Cadillac" phone of the company. Whatever variation the carriers put on it fine but it is tip of HTC development. Motorola kind of did the same with the Atrix line on Verizon and Sprint. But HTC is all over the place. Make one solid phone with top-of-the-line hardware, quality material (like thin aluminum unibody designs), great specs, screens and processors etc. Call it HTC One (just an example) but market to all vendors as the Tmobile One, Sprint One, Verizon One...and update it once a year. IMO what makes the Razr so good is it's form factor. What makes the Galaxy is it's high end specs. What makes the iPhone is the anticipation of it's once a year upgrade. Build a quality device that devotees will clamor for and you build buzz. For me, I'm wedded to Sprint. Since Sprint released the original Evo, what else has HTC released in that time to really want? The Evo 3D? Nope not what I was looking for because it filled a niche, but not a true successor to what was once a powerful ground breaking phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bunique4life05

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP makes a very valid point and one that is being talked about in various forums. I too love HTC. That being said, HTC is becoming very stale in the implementation of their devices. I realize that the carriers have much to do with what is released on their networks. However, I like the way that Samsung produced the Galaxy line in a worldwide platform. Different form factors for the carriers but if you got a Galaxy from Samsung, you got the top of the line. There is no such model for HTC. I would love to see an "Evo" line or Thunderbolt, etc. but one starting point for the high end "Cadillac" phone of the company. Whatever variation the carriers put on it fine but it is tip of HTC development. Motorola kind of did the same with the Atrix line on Verizon and Sprint. But HTC is all over the place. Make one solid phone with top-of-the-line hardware, quality material (like thin aluminum unibody designs), great specs, screens and processors etc. Call it HTC One (just an example) but market to all vendors as the Tmobile One, Sprint One, Verizon One...and update it once a year. IMO what makes the Razr so good is it's form factor. What makes the Galaxy is it's high end specs. What makes the iPhone is the anticipation of it's once a year upgrade. Build a quality device that devotees will clamor for and you build buzz. For me, I'm wedded to Sprint. Since Sprint released the original Evo, what else has HTC released in that time to really want? The Evo 3D? Nope not what I was looking for because it filled a niche, but not a true successor to what was once a powerful ground breaking phone.

They need a series and family tree of products to show the connection between the products. HTC products looks the same across the board yet they try to fill the niche in every market. What you get is a product that's different and is different but yet looks the same.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They need a series and family tree of products to show the connection between the products. HTC products looks the same across the board yet they try fill niche of every market. What get product is said to be different and is different but yet looks the same.

And yet when I suggest ONE HTC phone in vanilla android Sense fans are up in arms! If you're going to have a family of products filling different niches you can't put sense in every one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos