Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: HTC needs to make a comeback. (LONG POST)

As I previously mentioned, I think all of this is subjective. Case in point, I don't like Samsung or Motorola designs. They do nothing for me. I prefer HTC designs.
    Thanked by:
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Seems like a lot of people consider old and outdated as it pertains to look only... how much more can you do with a phone... and I like the general look. I guess they can only do so much in the current size until more technology comes out... I would just like ti see kickstand as I love mine on my thunderbolt
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

personally I like the idea of having a family line of products, and updating them...but I can also say that right now, the top 3 phone are the Bolt and Rezound and GS2, they look the best and have some of the best specs. I would have got a GS2 if it was 4g, and if not for the GS1 horrendous update issues(even worse then the Bolts could have ever been) The update issues is what scared me away from Samsung in general including the Charge, and I heard nothing but horror stories about Blur, and LG Revolution was kinda iffy...so the Bolt was the only solid phone to pick from.
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

If your rooted the bolt has almost endless themes and a lot of nice Roms... luckily I read about issues from the mr2 update and never allowed it until they were fixed. Then I rooted and never had any more issues as I got gingerbread through Roms... not Verizon. Now there is such a big development community for the bolt it is awesome surely someone the newer phones will get there but not many phones have as much to offer for rooted users...

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Monkey View Post
    If your rooted the bolt has almost endless themes and a lot of nice Roms... luckily I read about issues from the mr2 update and never allowed it until they were fixed. Then I rooted and never had any more issues as I got gingerbread through Roms... not Verizon. Now there is such a big development community for the bolt it is awesome surely someone the newer phones will get there but not many phones have as much to offer for rooted users...
    I will miss flashing roms in my next phone. I doubt any phone will have as many options...except maybe the nexus and that will be a year old before my contract expires. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by axne123 View Post
    how much of a high end phone do you want?? The 3vo is retailed at around $700.00

Sent using HTC Evo 3d Swype.
    Believe me, you PAY for your subsidized phone first of all. So the "retail" price has little to do with it. As far as the Evo 3D? Well since I do in fact love HTC phones, and considering the fact that I will be in said phone for two years on contract, (unless I wanted to pay the unsubsidized price after Sprint Premier went extinct) why on earth would I sign on the dotted line for a marginally better phone? I really wanted to upgrade and waited with anticipation last summer for Sprint/HTC to release an Evo successor. But when I went to do a side-by-side comparison and already running a smooth Sense 3.0 ROM on my OG Evo the Evo 3D wasn't it. Not knocking the 3D, but it just was not the leap in applicable specs. I was looking for. Even if Sprint would have released a Resound like phone I probably would be in it right now. But there is the conundrum. HTC has all these phones spread out among carriers that offer "niche" upgrades instead of a single top-of-the-line phone that appeals to the masses. Big mistake IMHO. But I'm just a poor user and not in the boardroom with Peter Chou & Co. making decisions and raking in billions.

I'm content to wait now especially considering the shift in 4G technology that hopefully will be a quantum leap beyond the current WiMax tech. Bottom line, HTC can and must do better and streamline their product line if they want to stay in competition with both Moto and Samsung. I believe they've got this message and will in fact try to hit another one out of the park in 2012.

I, for one, really can't wait to see what HTC does with ICS.

I know many people complain about the skinned UI manufacturers add to the Android operating system, and I definitely understand why...however I've always been a fan of HTC phones because frankly I've always preferred the look and feel of Sense over any other OEM's UI.

Right now, I feel that 2 things are coming together at the same time:
    1. HTC's Sense UI is getting a bit "stale".
    2. ICS has one of the best interfaces that Android has ever released.

In other words, Android ICS is nice enough that you really don't need that skinned UI that all the OEM's love to use so much -- and even though HTC's Sense has always been highly regarded as one of the better ones, most would be upset to see an HTC ICS release full of the same 'ol Sense elements we've all begun to grow unimpressed with.

No, what I'm interested to see what happens next...can/will phone makers like HTC actually find ways to improve the ICS experience? If so, then the OP's point will be rendered moot.

To me, the Rezound is kind of a stop-gap model -- a nice improvement over their Thunderbolt if you're looking for something a little more powerful (and will most likely get ICS eventually), but just came out too close to the launch of the Nexus S to really impress anyone. Really looking forward to what new models they'll have on hand this spring!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I, for one, really can't wait to see what HTC does with ICS.
    [HL]No, what I'm interested to see what happens next...can/will phone makers like HTC actually find ways to improve the ICS experience? If so, then the OP's point will be rendered moot.[/HL]
    There is video floating around on youtube but before you do I warn you it's just video and take with grain of salt.
    I am confident HTC will continue with sense and will just add the new features that ICS offers. UI over android are nothing more then a structure system to follow. People prefer how follow sense or touchwiz and so on and so on. Those that prefer stock android want a less intrusive system to follow. Then again you never no HTC could surprise us MWC with something completely new sense. HTC sense did make claims and focus for this year to come out with most powerful devices and first quad-core devices.

The trouble is the "structure" uses up resources and slows down the phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

HTC's UK chief wants to ease off the new-product gas, focus on 'amazing hardware' -- Engadget
    I am hoping this means redesigning the current look to their product line and focus more on quality then quantity. Not saying HTC makes cheep devices but having old design model is a blow to quality.
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 01-27-2012 at 02:29 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    HTC designs are starting to look dated and tired compared to the Samsungs like the new G-NEX. sleek, all black, rounded, no lines, and no buttons is the way to go. these HTC square slabs with big edged bezels and backings and cheesy ornamentation and faux markings and designs don't look so hot anymore.

the EVO is a year and a half old. HTC and Chou need to go back to the drawing board and start innovating again rather than be lazy and spitting out EVO variants all day long (EVO, Incredible, Thunderbolt, Desire, EVO 3D, Design 4G, Rezound, etc.) Chou better kick it up a notch and get his *** in gear or he and HTC are going to keep on getting smoked by Samsung and ultimately be put out of business.

HTC Revenue drops 30%
    I think they heard you.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Right now, I feel that 2 things are coming together at the same time:
    [HL]1. HTC's Sense UI is getting a bit "stale".[/HL]
    2. ICS has one of the best interfaces that Android has ever released.

[HL]In other words, Android ICS is nice enough that you really don't need that skinned UI that all the OEM's love to use so much [/HL]-- and even though HTC's Sense has always been highly regarded as one of the better ones, most would be upset to see an HTC ICS release full of the same 'ol Sense elements we've all begun to grow unimpressed with.

[HL]No, what I'm interested to see what happens next...can/will phone makers like HTC actually find ways to improve the ICS experience? If so, then the OP's point will be rendered moot.[/HL]

HTC Sense 4.0 details emerge before Mobile World Congress | Android Community
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 01-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hope HTC with all there recent announcements will come out with some innovating products. With what I seen so far they can easily move down or up this year.

Sense 4.0 on outside looks very much the same but really to early to tell

Snapdragon quad-core processors could push them to new heights if they produce number one benchmark tests. If not they might get overlooked as soon as S3 because if the S2 was any prelude to the S3. You know the S3 will be a heavy hitter.

Qualcomm peer to peer technology seem to be very intriguing idea. HTC will really have to integrate that tech into there devices and push to be revolutionary.

Beats Audio needs to be improved so can be significant piece of software and be part what you expect to get only from a HTC device.

This just me crossing my fingers but hope to see a new refreshing design in there 2012 product line and some sort of series of devices.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

In my opinion, HTC flooded the market with too many phones this year. There was the Thunderbolt, EVO 3D, Rezound, Merge, Sensation, Rhyme, Incredible 2, Desire, and I feel like maybe I'm missing a few.

They couldn't just focus on one phone because they were constantly releasing another one.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mfancy3 View Post
    In my opinion, HTC flooded the market with too many phones this year. There was the Thunderbolt, EVO 3D, Rezound, Merge, Sensation, Rhyme, Incredible 2, Desire, and I feel like maybe I'm missing a few.

They couldn't just focus on one phone because they were constantly releasing another one.
    Yeah I like to add is were market as different devices but really only had few differences as far as features.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would like to note the changes HTC seems to be making as this new year begins.

1. Establish another family name for series of HTC devices again is good move. because"EVO" name seemed to fall short for whatever reason.

2. Qualcomm AllJoyn Peer to Peer technology is great piece tech in my opinion. In addition I hope HTC pushes this tech on to there up coming devices and makes their own. Giving HTC that well need niche against there competitors.

3. HTC Sense 4.0 looks to be polished like all there other UIs before but from screenshots and some leaked videos as very promising features built in. The screenshots of the pop notification on lock screen look great as well some of the scroll-able widgets.

4. HTC showing and acknowledging they need to make a change as company deserves kudos.

All these new changes coming from HTC sparks new hope for me. I just feel HTC needs a new look nad pushes and shows this new look starting this year.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-en...hing-htc-one-x

Qualcomm AllJoyn proximity-based peer-to-peer technology hands-on - SlashGear

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FPvt2f1akA8[/YT]
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3NmeNVpXlU4[/YT]
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VTGXlCi2x48[/YT]
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vbu_Lsy1dH8[/YT]
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-en...0-screen-shots
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123