Totally doubt this will happen but

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since they are going to stop selling the Thunderbolt in stores soon or if they already did, I was wondering if somewhere a long this year my phone decides to break down or somehow break, I have insurance. Is it possible that they can run out thunderbolts or they will always have. I remember that my mom had the first htc phone non android phone and when hers broke they said they didn't have anymore so they just gave her a new phone

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Keep dreaming there still replacing original droids with u guessed it the original droid. Plus it cost u 100$ just look on ebay or swappa

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
They may stop selling it, but there will be plenty of refurbished ones they can send out for that. do I wouldn't get my hopes up to much.

From my Infected Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Since they are going to stop selling the Thunderbolt in stores soon or if they already did, I was wondering if somewhere a long this year my phone decides to break down or somehow break, I have insurance. Is it possible that they can run out thunderbolts or they will always have. I remember that my mom had the first htc phone non android phone and when hers broke they said they didn't have anymore so they just gave her a new phone

I think they won't run out for awhile....they probably made hundred's of thousands of them if not millions. When they get the defective ones back, they get them fixed and send them out as refurbs...unless the phone is in pieces or damaged internally. I have a refurb phone that I got in September.....not 1 issue (other than the common ones people have had). But since I rooted, all my problems have pretty much disappeared.

I think by time most of our contracts are up, we will be onto a new phone and not worrying about the Tbolt!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
my friend had the droid incredible and called in since it wouldn't boot up anymore and they gave her an inc 2, and replaced her fiance's inc with a droidX2. so they might do that for you, but nothing ground breaking like a razr or gnex. I'd guess probably a droid charge or LG

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I plan on keeping my Thunderbolt for quite some time (best phone I?ve ever owned), I?ve seriously contemplated buying another brand new one (off contract full retail) to have as a backup in the event something happened to the existing one. Even though it would be more expensive overall than insurance, the upside would be no risk of getting a refurb or having to wait for a replacement. Could pop in the existing SIM card to periodically power up the backup phone to keep it updated or to use full time if wanted or needed. It would also play nicely with my existing accessories including four extra batteries. LOL, I?m almost talking myself into doing it? but I?m too frugal to pull the trigger. :p

Reactions: Jude526

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My tbolt is doing wonderful I was just curious I love this poor its holding up well. Prob We get a new phone till I find a nice quad core phone

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Like everyone else responding I love my phone. I hope there is an extension of this phone. Meaning an updated version....would be very wise and smart. I don't see any phone that catches my interest. I would get the Thunderbolt today if I didn't have it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The updated version is called the Rezound. They didn't go along with the Thunderbolt 2 because of the stigma the original had with power consumption and all that, (which was fixed a couple weeks after it was released with a quick root. But lots of people are afraid to root.) My TB is a good phone, and will still last for awhile, but soon, as with everything, it will need to be replaced with something that has more processing power, and more battery life to keep up with the apps that will need more juice to run. Unless I stop getting new apps, and stop updating the ones I use now. Same thing happened with my OG Droid...

Sent from the Fire...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My tbolt is doing wonderful I was just curious I love this poor its holding up well. Prob We get a new phone till I find a nice quad core phone

All I care is that the processor is faster. 1.2 ghz won't cut it. The quad core may not help as much as you think. I remember when quad core computers first came out dual core computers iften beat them in speed tests. Developers will always lag behind hardware advances. It takes them a while to redo the code and they have to be concerned about users with older phones. Just give me a single core 2 ghz processor and I'll be delighted!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
All I care is that the processor is faster. 1.2 ghz won't cut it. The quad core may not help as much as you think. I remember when quad core computers first came out dual core computers iften beat them in speed tests. Developers will always lag behind hardware advances. It takes them a while to redo the code and they have to be concerned about users with older phones. Just give me a single core 2 ghz processor and I'll be delighted!
Yep. And a lot of folks don't think about the fact that a fair amount of processor time and memory is required to simply manage the multi-core processors. This translates into overhead that single core devices don't have. More cores are nice, but only if the rest of the hardware is bumped up high enough to counter the extra overhead.

Also, regarding processor speed alone... from my experience you pretty much have to double processor speed to actually see a noticeable difference. All other things being equal.

-Frank

Reactions: Jude526

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't consider the Rezound close to being like the Thunderbolt. It is more of an upgrade of the Incredible in my opinion. And there is no kickstand.......the way they designed the Rezound is more like the Incredible as well.....the red, etc.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't consider the Rezound close to being like the Thunderbolt. It is more of an upgrade of the Incredible in my opinion. And there is no kickstand.......the way they designed the Rezound is more like the Incredible as well.....the red, etc.

The only thing I like about the Rezound is the battery!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep. And a lot of folks don't think about the fact that a fair amount of processor time and memory is required to simply manage the multi-core processors. This translates into overhead that single core devices don't have. More cores are nice, but only if the rest of the hardware is bumped up high enough to counter the extra overhead.

Also, regarding processor speed alone... from my experience you pretty much have to double processor speed to actually see a noticeable difference. All other things being equal.

-Frank

Having had both the Rezound and Thunderbolt, i can say that the Rezound's speed is noticeably faster than the Thunderbolt, same is true of the GNex and Maxx.

Doesn't the Dinc have a 3.7" screen and no LTE?

The only thing I like about the Rezound is the battery!

The Rezound has a HD screen. The Thunderbolt doesn't even have a qHD (quarter HD) screen.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Having had both the Rezound and Thunderbolt, i can say that the Rezound's speed is noticeably faster than the Thunderbolt, same is true of the GNex and Maxx.
Yeah, I'm not disputing that.

There are a lot of factors that go into overall performance and also into overall perception of performance (i.e. snappy video). Dual core alone or raising memory from 768M to 1000M alone will not normally see a lot of improvement. Not even close to what you might expect from the mathmatical difference (i.e. ~30 percent more RAM and 100 percent more "cores", in this case).

But if you combine it with other factors, like possibly an improved graphics processor unit and less software overhead (like no Sense), you'll probably note improvements in overall performance. Or perceptions of performance. Either way it still counts.

There comes a point, IMHO, where benchmak scores and other "specs" just don't matter to me. Not as long as I am happy with my current performance. It's a little like producing digital sound up into the 30khz range, when the human ear is usually limited to 20khz. Mine are much worse :)

-Frank