Sound settings changing to default on restart

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I cant figure out what is causing it, but about 2-3 weeks ago when ever I restart my phone, all my sound settings change back to the default settings. So every time I restart my phone, I have to change the sound settings for the ringtone, email sound, text messages, and so on (Except for the Twitter sound, more on that in a bit). Its getting annoying now.

I noticed it started after I downloaded the Twitter app. I did uninstall the app and restart my phone, but all the sounds still changed back to default. I have reinstalled the app, but can't figure out what else could be causing this.

Now, I'll also throw this out there, but there were times that I thought my email was not playing the notification sound (Apparently the default sound for the email is nothing), but I never confirmed that. I may have just not heard it. That would leave me to believe that maybe this started since the last OTA update. Now I don't know if the sound settings go back to what I have at some point, because I don't want to take a chance that I miss a call or something. But if it does, the last OTA update could be the culprit. But the bottom line is, I don't know.

I am not sure what information you may need to know, but I am running the latest version of gingerbread (2.3.4), and the software number is 2.11.605.9.

Any ideas how to fix this? Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
thanks, but those wont help. Volume Locker looks to be the closest with the notification sound setter, but i have different sounds for different things.

any other ideas on how to fix this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo