1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mail download, deletes, then downloads again - its gone crazy

Having a recent problem on my Thunderbolt. Its sync'ing to a comcast.net account and has been downloading mail on schedule reliably. In the last day or so it started deleting mail off the server, then downloading them again in a loop.

Anyone have ideas? I have review the config, which looks the same as always. I have it leave mail on server even when deleted

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Mail download, deletes, then downloads again - its gone crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy View Post
    Having a recent problem on my Thunderbolt. Its sync'ing to a comcast.net account and has been downloading mail on schedule reliably. In the last day or so it started deleting mail off the server, then downloading them again in a loop.

Anyone have ideas? I have review the config, which looks the same as always. I have it leave mail on server even when deleted
    Something doesn't make sense here. If your mail client is deleting the mail from the server after download, there is no way it can "re-download" them.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Something doesn't make sense here. If your mail client is deleting the mail from the server after download, there is no way it can "re-download" them.

-Frank
    Sure, I've set the client to NOT delete mail off the server after it downloads.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy View Post
    I have it leave mail on server even when deleted
    Why?

What client are you using?

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Mine was doing it with the stock client and Comcast as well. Messages would not be on the phone when I first open the program then it re downloads them. I have it set to delete if I delete them, but it never deletes them on the server if I tell it to. Not sure if it's an Android problem or Comcast not playing nice. You also cannot open any saved folders you have created.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Are you Comcast guys using IMAP or POP?

If IMAP, and if you have more than one mail account, have you tried manipulating messages with only one mail account selected, rather than "all". It could be a Comcast issue. I've seen mail servers not properly identify the delete/not-delete instruction. For this issue to start on a previously working device does seem to point to the Comcast mail server.

-Frank