Battery charging questions

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I use Battery Monitor Widget to track and graph my battery consumption and charging history.

My TB is about a year old.

In the beginning, graphs would show a steep curve of charging from 0%, then it would taper off as it got into the low 90%, and would slowly creep up to 100%. I know this is normal.

Now, my phone begins to taper off at about 80%, but a few minutes later, will jump to 100%. If I remove the phone from the charger at 80%, the battery level will stay at that level (flatline) for a while before it shows discharging again.

When the battery is at 100%, it does a normal discharge down to 0%.

My first concern was that the battery was losing capacity, but since it has a normal amount of life once it gets to 100%, I don't think that's the problem.

So should I assume my battery is just not calibrated properly? How do I go about calibrating it? BMW Pro has a feature to do this, but I'm not sure that is what I need.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I use Battery Monitor Widget to track and graph my battery consumption and charging history.

My TB is about a year old.

In the beginning, graphs would show a steep curve of charging from 0%, then it would taper off as it got into the low 90%, and would slowly creep up to 100%. I know this is normal.

Now, my phone begins to taper off at about 80%, but a few minutes later, will jump to 100%. If I remove the phone from the charger at 80%, the battery level will stay at that level (flatline) for a while before it shows discharging again.

When the battery is at 100%, it does a normal discharge down to 0%.

My first concern was that the battery was losing capacity, but since it has a normal amount of life once it gets to 100%, I don't think that's the problem.

So should I assume my battery is just not calibrated properly? How do I go about calibrating it? BMW Pro has a feature to do this, but I'm not sure that is what I need.
Before you jump into calibrating your battery, you might want to [read this].

-Frank