No Sound from Earpiece

BrianJM#AC

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I cannot hear any sound from my TBolt's earpiece. I am forced to use my in car Bluetooth feature or my Bluetooth earpiece. I can hear sound when turning on the speaker. Otherwise nothing. My sound setting is set to normal with all sound levels set to maximum. I have rebooted, and rebooted removing the battery. No change.

I have checked to make sure there are no Bluetooth items operating nearby, and have even turned off Bluetooth. No change.

Anyone else have this problem?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the external headset connector being "stuck". So the phone thinks there is a headset plugged in. Sometimes you can free this up by using a headphone jack to plug/unplug a number of times until it releases.

-Frank

BrianJM#AC

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I dug up an old earpiece plugged it in and it works fine - BUT when I pull it out I still can't hear anything from the phone?s earpiece. I pulled it out quite a few times but no change.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I dug up an old earpiece plugged it in and it works fine - BUT when I pull it out I still can't hear anything from the phone?s earpiece. I pulled it out quite a few times but no change.

When you unplug the earpiece, does the "headset" icon in the notification area go away?

If it does, the most likely explanation is that you've got a bad microphone on the phone. I won't speak for Verizon, but calling them might yield you a refurb swap as a warranty replacement.

If it does not, the most likely explanation is your headset jack is broken and can't detect the removal of the headset. Again, might or might not be a warranty issue.