Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
02-29-2012 08:44 PM
8 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS 4.0-- what button will launch multitasking on Thunderbolt?

I see the new HTC one X has capacitive buttons. On our Thunderbolt, which of the buttons will pull up apps we are running when we get ICS, the multitasking button?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: ICS 4.0-- what button will launch multitasking on Thunderbolt

Somebody must know. I have seen what all 4 buttons do with ICS, but not the multitasking button.

Currently, a long press on the home button brings up recently opened apps, so I'd make a guess that it would be a natural change to make it show running apps. It could also be a long press on the menu button as was indicated a couple times via a cursory Internet search.
    F350-6 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I might think the same, if someone wants to know about the other four buttons let me know.

Carrier
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Well, they do what they are suppose to do. I know when I hold down the HOME button for a second, it brings up the RECENT apps I was running. MENU will bring up what it is suppose to bring up...MENU items. THe back arrow will take you back and the search button will search.

Since the TBolt isn't running ICS (officially), then I would say that whatever ICS custom ROM (if there is one) has them configured as is just a custom featrue.

What exactly did you see the buttons do?. It would be nice to be able to customize them. I never use the SEARCH button.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by defcon999 View Post
    Well, they do what they are suppose to do. I know when I hold down the HOME button for a second, it brings up the RECENT apps I was running. MENU will bring up what it is suppose to bring up...MENU items. THe back arrow will take you back and the search button will search.

Since the TBolt isn't running ICS (officially), then I would say that whatever ICS custom ROM (if there is one) has them configured as is just a custom featrue.

What exactly did you see the buttons do?. It would be nice to be able to customize them. I never use the SEARCH button.

Well I was unsure what the capacitive buttons would do with ICS with Sense 4.0. The basics are the same: Home button is home, menu button brings up a settings panel that is very different, back is back, and search is the same. The search surprised me since ICS does not have that button.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    Carrier
    stock rooted

Search button sucks. And the awful search widget at the top of every screen on the nexus sucks too.

Are people that lost they need to be one click from a search button?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Carrier
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Search button sucks. And the awful search widget at the top of every screen on the nexus sucks too.

Are people that lost they need to be one click from a search button?

Like I said, I never use the search button. I think that is a waste of a BUTTON. It would be nice to make it or be able to assign it as a MACRO or Shortcut to your favorite app (like message or skype), but to use it as a search.....sheesh, not me!
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    Carrier
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by defcon999 View Post
    Like I said, I never use the search button. I think that is a waste of a BUTTON. It would be nice to make it or be able to assign it as a MACRO or Shortcut to your favorite app (like message or skype), but to use it as a search.....sheesh, not me!
    Absolutely, That would be awesome. Even work it so a double tap went straight to the app from the lockscreen