1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connecting my thunderbolt to my wireless printer.

Iam having trouble connecting my thunderbolt to my printer. Is it an app(free) which will allow me to connect to my wireless printer? Or can i do it by wifi/bluebooth?

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Default Re: Connecting my thunderbolt to my wireless printer.

What do you want to print? How is your wireless printer connected to your netork?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

You have to do it through the actual app itself. First, go into the app settings and scan for your printer. If you wanna print from the web, you have to use the link on the app that says web print page, find what you wanna print, press your menu button and it should give you several options foe printing. If its a document, save it to you phone then use the saved document link. Same for photos, use the photo link. I had the same issue(I have a thunderbolt, as well) and just had to play around with of until o figured it out. Hopefully that helps you.
    Thanked by:

I downloaded PrinterShare when it was free from amazon. Works great for wifi printing.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

CloudPrint works well for me.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BFBrazier View Post
    You have to do it through the actual app itself. First, go into the app settings and scan for your printer. If you wanna print from the web, you have to use the link on the app that says web print page, find what you wanna print, press your menu button and it should give you several options foe printing. If its a document, save it to you phone then use the saved document link. Same for photos, use the photo link. I had the same issue(I have a thunderbolt, as well) and just had to play around with of until o figured it out. Hopefully that helps you.

When you say "do it through the actual app itself," do you mean the wifi settings or a specific wifi printing app?

Thanks,
    mrjam3s

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I'm doing this through the mobile hot spot function. Have that scan for your wireless printer and then your computer can find it. However I have not sent anything from the phone to the printer.