Android Market/Google Play Store

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
F'em, I'm ready to dump google and move to the dreded Apple World!

I think the name change is pretty awful myself...but a "name" isn't enough to make me switch services.

I also feel that it just sounds childish, and I really wonder how they came to think it was really an improvement. Hopefully the "play" brand goes the way of New Coke and just disappears pretty soon.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the name change is pretty awful myself...but a "name" isn't enough to make me switch services.

I also feel that it just sounds childish, and I really wonder how they came to think it was really an improvement. Hopefully the "play" brand goes the way of New Coke and just disappears pretty soon.
:D Sometimes we are reminded that the multitude of Google Software Engineers are still under 30 and wear cut-offs, flip-flops and earings to work. Because it's easier to play smurf ball in the office that way. :) Smart dudes, though.

Oh, and yes, I'm envious.

-Frank

Last edited:

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Watson, you must be joking!

No one would give up Android to suffer using a dumbdowned Apple device!

The Device may be dumber, and for dumber users, but I'm sick and tired of Big Brother Google and their crap. Actually I'd like to have just a great high wattage phone and a separate tablet with data.

Alma

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple device users are not dumber; most are just not interested in learning to customize.

I don't appreciate some of Google's changes, but Apple is more overbearing Google.

Good luck if you decide on iPhone, but I suspect that you'll regret it.