Android Market/Google Play Store

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can hear it now. In a corporate board meeting... "I recommend we switch entirely over from the MS Cloud/Exchange environment to the complete Google Business package, which of course, includes Google Play." Of course.

-Frank

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The Play Store name sounds so childish and reminds me of some Fisher Price thing I'd find at Toys R US! :( Mommy, can I go to the Play Store, please? It's just weird. Makes me wonder what these companies are smokin (ex. Qwikster, HTC One series, Google Play Store?). Or may be I'm just getting too old to understand the newer generation's marketing ideas. Don Draper would run circles around these clowns! :p

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The Play Store name sounds so childish and reminds me of some Fisher Price thing I'd find at Toys R US! :( Mommy, can I go to the Play Store, please? It's just weird. Makes me wonder what these companies are smokin (ex. Qwikster, HTC One series, Google Play Store?). Or may be I'm just getting too old to understand the newer generation's marketing ideas. Don Draper would run circles around these clowns! :p

I agree. It's a redonkulous name and doesn't even make sense when you consider the different type of apps that are in the Market. I'm refusing to use the new name. :p

This article sums it up well. Google Play's glaring problem - Computerworld Blogs

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering what was up. My Market Icon went missing on my honescreen. I tried to get it back by rebooting....didn't work,,,then tried to restore it from my back up.....didn't work. Finally I just downloaded the APK and put it on my SD Card so if it ever goes missing again...I can just install it.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you, Play Store is an absurd name.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got a text from Verizon about the Play Store:

"Free VZW msg: Android Market is becoming Google Play. Android Market on your phone will receive an upgrade in the next few days. To learn more, click play.google.com/about (data charges may apply)."

I don't ever recall getting a message like this before. The name change must really be confusing people. Not surprising.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got a text from Verizon about the Play Store:

"Free VZW msg: Android Market is becoming Google Play. Android Market on your phone will receive an upgrade in the next few days. To learn more, click play.google.com/about (data charges may apply)."

I don't ever recall getting a message like this before. The name change must really be confusing people. Not surprising.

Lmao! Who would think that Play Store is where you download apps? Nobody with any common sense.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

darienjh

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Playstore just has everything into one.. Thats exactly what the android market had tho. I dont really see the point? But on my Samsung Replenish SPH-M580, it works better than what the last updated market worked. This one works when i dont have good signal, and hasnt taken forever to load like the previous version.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Like the article someone posted a link to...why not just call it "Google Market". Google play to me is a dumb name. Whatever Google employee came up with that, shoule get their parking space close to the building revoked.

I am not even a marketiing person and I know that is a name that can be miscontrued...sounds more like a portal for GAMERS.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Playstore just has everything into one..
Yep, it does. All of Google's effort to win over the Corporate Businesses of America to adopt the full Google Solution into a plan called, "Google Play Store". Makes sense to me.

Can you imagine if you were on a team tasked with infiltrating American Business with a Google Solution? And how you would feel explaining Google Play Store?

-Frank

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800