Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Android Market/Google Play Store

I accidentally deleted the market while it was updating to Google Play Store...does anyone know how I can get it back?

Default Re: Android Market/Google Play Store

A reboot is supposed to get it back per comments here:

http://www.androidcentral.com/google...arket-over-air
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks, the rebooting worked

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Yeah, I can hear it now. In a corporate board meeting... "I recommend we switch entirely over from the MS Cloud/Exchange environment to the complete Google Business package, which of course, includes Google Play." Of course.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

The Play Store name sounds so childish and reminds me of some Fisher Price thing I'd find at Toys R US! Mommy, can I go to the Play Store, please? It's just weird. Makes me wonder what these companies are smokin (ex. Qwikster, HTC One series, Google Play Store?). Or may be I'm just getting too old to understand the newer generation's marketing ideas. Don Draper would run circles around these clowns!
    Hello2Robot and redcat22 like this.

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    The Play Store name sounds so childish and reminds me of some Fisher Price thing I'd find at Toys R US! Mommy, can I go to the Play Store, please? It's just weird. Makes me wonder what these companies are smokin (ex. Qwikster, HTC One series, Google Play Store?). Or may be I'm just getting too old to understand the newer generation's marketing ideas. Don Draper would run circles around these clowns!
    I agree. It's a redonkulous name and doesn't even make sense when you consider the different type of apps that are in the Market. I'm refusing to use the new name.

This article sums it up well.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

I was wondering what was up. My Market Icon went missing on my honescreen. I tried to get it back by rebooting....didn't work,,,then tried to restore it from my back up.....didn't work. Finally I just downloaded the APK and put it on my SD Card so if it ever goes missing again...I can just install it.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
    Android Fanboy

ROM
    OM-Mandylion

I agree with you, Play Store is an absurd name.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

Just got a text from Verizon about the Play Store:

"Free VZW msg: Android Market is becoming Google Play. Android Market on your phone will receive an upgrade in the next few days. To learn more, click play.google.com/about (data charges may apply)."

I don't ever recall getting a message like this before. The name change must really be confusing people. Not surprising.
    Android Fanboy

ROM
    OM-Mandylion

Just got a text from Verizon about the Play Store:

"Free VZW msg: Android Market is becoming Google Play. Android Market on your phone will receive an upgrade in the next few days. To learn more, click play.google.com/about (data charges may apply)."

I don't ever recall getting a message like this before. The name change must really be confusing people. Not surprising.
    Lmao! Who would think that Play Store is where you download apps? Nobody with any common sense.

I do think the name is absurd, but I do really like the new icon.

You'll have to do a factory reset. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownSugar622 View Post
    I accidentally deleted the market while it was updating to Google Play Store...does anyone know how I can get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdibb1095 View Post
    Actually just a reboot works, and the post right under that says the a simple reboot fixed it....

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdibb1095 View Post
    No you don't. Reboot.

Sent from my HTC EVO View using Tapatalk.

Playstore just has everything into one.. Thats exactly what the android market had tho. I dont really see the point? But on my Samsung Replenish SPH-M580, it works better than what the last updated market worked. This one works when i dont have good signal, and hasnt taken forever to load like the previous version.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Like the article someone posted a link to...why not just call it "Google Market". Google play to me is a dumb name. Whatever Google employee came up with that, shoule get their parking space close to the building revoked.

I am not even a marketiing person and I know that is a name that can be miscontrued...sounds more like a portal for GAMERS.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by darienjh View Post
    Playstore just has everything into one..
    Yep, it does. All of Google's effort to win over the Corporate Businesses of America to adopt the full Google Solution into a plan called, "Google Play Store". Makes sense to me.

Can you imagine if you were on a team tasked with infiltrating American Business with a Google Solution? And how you would feel explaining Google Play Store?

-Frank
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

F'em, I'm ready to dump google and move to the dreded Apple World!

My phone got the Google Play update, but I didn't realize what it was at the time and deleted it. Now I can't get it back. What do I do!?

Quote Originally Posted by ddodson208 View Post
    My phone got the Google Play update, but I didn't realize what it was at the time and deleted it. Now I can't get it back. What do I do!?
    Did you actually read this thread? It started with the same question you just asked.

Quote Originally Posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
    I think the name change is pretty awful myself...but a "name" isn't enough to make me switch services.

I also feel that it just sounds childish, and I really wonder how they came to think it was really an improvement. Hopefully the "play" brand goes the way of New Coke and just disappears pretty soon.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I think the name change is pretty awful myself...but a "name" isn't enough to make me switch services.

I also feel that it just sounds childish, and I really wonder how they came to think it was really an improvement. Hopefully the "play" brand goes the way of New Coke and just disappears pretty soon.
    Sometimes we are reminded that the multitude of Google Software Engineers are still under 30 and wear cut-offs, flip-flops and earings to work. Because it's easier to play smurf ball in the office that way. Smart dudes, though.

Oh, and yes, I'm envious.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 03-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Quote Originally Posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
    Watson, you must be joking!

No one would give up Android to suffer using a dumbdowned Apple device!
    Android Fanboy

ROM
    OM-Mandylion

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post

The Device may be dumber, and for dumber users, but I'm sick and tired of Big Brother Google and their crap. Actually I'd like to have just a great high wattage phone and a separate tablet with data.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast