Flashing Tb to other carrier?

BigBoz

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Im selling my Tb to a friend that has Boost and he wants to know Is it possible to flash my Tb to work on Boost service by them both being cdma phones? Im not sure so Im asking my AC Fam.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have heard of someone getting it to work with page plus, a verizon mvno, but it was a major pain. I know that some sprint phones with modifications can use verizon prl. Again, required a bit of work.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
On the XDA forums some guy got it to work on Cricket I think it was. It has been done, just not very widespread from what i've seen on here or XDA.

autoprime#AC

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
yes it is possible to flash to another carrier. you could put it on metropcs or cricket without editing the meid.

if you want it on boost/virgin youd have to edit the meid to a donor phone.

you most likely wont find much info online on how to do this step for step.. but an experienced flasher could do this. best possibility in your case is to look on craigslist for someone local to flash it for you for a fee. and make sure its a FULL flash.. both calls/sms AND 3g data(mms is sometimes a variable).

after the full flash.. calls, sms and 3g will work. obviously lte wont work unless you're using verizon.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It is doable, but a major pain. My colleague flashed a DROID RAZR to BOOST, but it required going through SPRINT Corporate (IIRC he dealt with somebody in Mr. Elfman's office) and working with a few people to get the devices MEID added to SPRINT's/BOOSTs database and installing a BOOST PRL.

At first SPRINT tried to sell my colleague on a BOOST phone, but he pressed hard enough and eventually SPRINT Corp. did help him out. They indicated (according to my colleague) that they did not want to make a habit of adding "foreign phones to their database, especially BOOST", but that they would evaluate each request on a case by case basis

It probably helped that my employer uses SPRINT as a vendor and we give SPRINT a lot of business and the initial contacts were setup by our SPRINT Corp. Sales Rep.

Dan

autoprime#AC

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It is doable, but a major pain. My colleague flashed a DROID RAZR to BOOST, but it required going through SPRINT Corporate (IIRC he dealt with somebody in Mr. Elfman's office) and working with a few people to get the devices MEID added to SPRINT's/BOOSTs database and installing a BOOST PRL.

At first SPRINT tried to sell my colleague on a BOOST phone, but he pressed hard enough and eventually SPRINT Corp. did help him out. They indicated (according to my colleague) that they did not want to make a habit of adding "foreign phones to their database, especially BOOST", but that they would evaluate each request on a case by case basis

It probably helped that my employer uses SPRINT as a vendor and we give SPRINT a lot of business and the initial contacts were setup by our SPRINT Corp. Sales Rep.

Dan

if it was a sprint razr then its possible, although slightly,for it to happen again. if it was a razr from any other carrier.. there is no way they would have done this.. as 3g would never be able to provision. the phones HDR key is not in Sprint's system.

in the case of the OP.. it's a verizon phone to boost... no Sprint upper management is going to approve this.. and even if the MEID was added to the system.. it wouldn't provision. The MDN/MSID would have to be programmed manually thru ##000000# and 3G would never provision at all. the ONLY way to get it going on Boost is to use a donor phone and clone.. which in some peoples eyes is illegal and not be discussed in detail. On top of the average donor cloning.. you're dealing with some extra steps due to it being an LTE device.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Persoanlly, after reading all these posts and the hassle of trying to get it ported over to Boost.....seems more like an exercise in futility than anything else. I would just buy a BOOST phone and be done with it.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely possible if your willing to, and have the knowledge to clone a donor phone, like it's been stated a few posts up. My brother was able to get two phones activated this way on Boost, a DX and DINC2. Now, since both of these phones don't have 4g, I'm not sure about how that would affect the process. But, as it's been stated before, the process skirts on the illegal. So, if you're willing to take the chance, and don't mind doing the research, then it's definitely possible to activate a Verizon phone on Boost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt