how to delete email history from autofill

schobert101

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem and finally found the offending misspelled email by going to my Gmail account on the web via my desktop computer. Go to contact list and there is a list of my contacts that synchs to my phone but there was another list of 'other contacts'. This list was mostly old email addresses, mistakenly typed ones etc. I found the offending address there and was able to delete it and when the phone synched to the gmail account automatically the offending address was finally gone. So it actually was not stored on the phone at all but in the Gmail 'other contact' list.

goadeff

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Christopher J's solution worked for me. Samsung Galaxy S3. Application Manager, ALL, found LogsProvider and Cleared data. Thanks!

xrb100

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Note2 user and am having the same problem as others on this thread. I've tried all the suggestions shown here (even though I'm using a Note 2) to no avail. I'm not even using GMail or Yahoo. I have one email account tied to a GoDaddy account. The GoDaddy account is set not to save contacts! I've deleted the account on the phone twice and set it up again... every address from every sender still populats the autofill. As massive as the Android user community is, I can't believe this is such a problem for so many users. Truly pitiful. Anyone out there with a Note2 have any ideas to fix this?

joefasco66

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
After a lot of searching I finally found one method to remove auto-fill with gmail. I have a Galaxy S5.
Settings/ Applications/ Internet/ Privacy/ Delete personal data/ Auto fill data.....

Mike7515

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Old thread, but still having the issue. I've already done the "force stop/clear contacts storage" thing, which deleted every contact on my phone. Also did the same thing with the gmail app (force stop/clear data/cache). I also went into gmail on my computer and cleared out everything I didn't want on "other contacts". I've also tried all the things suggested in this thread. Basically, I think I've tried every fix I've read about online, and I still have old/bad autofill addresses coming up in gmail.

If it matters, I'm using a 2nd gen Moto X with android 5.0 running. I think this is a gmail app issue, and not a phone/android issue, but I can't figure out how to get rid of these annoying autofill addresses!!!

Oh, and BTW, the funny part is that none of these autofill addresses show up on gmail if I'm using my computer. Only on my phone.

Bondman2

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have just discovered how to remove the unwanted email addresses in the Samsung Galaxy S3. What you need to do is go into contacts and go to under that heading you will find unassigned contacts . Tap on this and it will list all email addresses that are not in your phone contacts tap on each one and an option to delete will come repeat with the rest of them . when you go to message contacts they will be gone.

PJ Peejuk

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I can't speak for any other phone but I found on the Galaxy S4 Mini that if I clicked in the box for email addresses, then a number of addresses appears in the type box below. Hold your finger on the incorrect one for several seconds and it asks if you want to forget it from the list of added words. Just confirm and it's gone

Incidentally I came at this problem because the email address contained an account I didn't want coming up on my phone. In fact, I don't want any email connected with the phone. I found I couldn't log out of it but had to lose the email address completely from the phone. I did this by dragging down from the top, going into settings and accounts. One on-line YouTube instruction I saw said to delete the account from there but it wasn't an option for me. I had to go into Samsung account and remove the association from there.

Dyke67ny

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've tried this a half dozen times on the Samsung G3 but still, the garbage email addresses remain. Funny thing is I never wrote to some of these that pop up in the email autofill...

Dyke67ny

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've tried this on my Samsung Galaxy S3 exactly as you said, but it will not clear the autofill email addresses.

I'm using the email app that comes on the phone where you can add multiple email accounts. Have checked the accounts on the computer for these "rogue" email addresses & they are not there...

primecut

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Excellent solution, nearly gave up searching for ways to do get rid of unwanted email addresses from drop down menu on sign-in, then I found your perfect solution thanks very much.

Chris Huergo

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, I'm not patient enough to read through everything. Have you tried to tap-hold the offending address until an option pops up to delete it?

Syed Abdussamad

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
go to "Mail " by tapping the Mail icon ,take care not to select Gmail
select the "email account" 'from which you want to delete search history '
on the top right Select for "option" generally by tapping on 3 vertical dots
go to "settings"
then to "General Settings"
at the bottom, you will find "Clear Search history "

that's it