Is Google Play store ruining your battery life?

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else getting terrible battery life after the update? My battery just seems to be draining way too quickly, even in airplane mode. Today in airplane mode, my phone lost 12% in two hours, when usually it loses one percent or so every four hours.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any difference in battery drain or life since the change. Have any of your other apps updated lately or have you downloaded new ones?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Nothing different with my battery either. I'll go ahead and ask the obvious question, have you looked at apps and processes that are using the battery in the menu /settings/about phone/battery/ battery use?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my Tbolt since December. (I think i've missed all of the headaches that everybody has had with this phone.) :p What is the dialer bug?

Its a bug where the phone dialer gets hung and starts using a lot of battery. If you check the battery stats on your phone and see "dialer" high on the list, a reboot will fix it. Mine does it after almost every phone call.

Reactions: redcat22

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Its a bug where the phone dialer gets hung and starts using a lot of battery. If you check the battery stats on your phone and see "dialer" high on the list, a reboot will fix it. Mine does it after almost every phone call.

Wow i feel dumb. I look at battery stats frequently and i've just never noticed it there before. So you reboot after every call? There isn't another way to stop it?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess i stand corrected. I now have a headache like all the other Tbolters out there...other than the crappy stock battery, but i do have the extended battery to "fix" that. ;)

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess i stand corrected. I now have a headache like all the other Tbolters out there...other than the crappy stock battery, but i do have the extended battery to "fix" that. ;)

The dialer bug chewed through 30% overnight while doing nothing else in a span of 5 hours. That's on the extended battery.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody else getting terrible battery life after the update? My battery just seems to be draining way too quickly, even in airplane mode. Today in airplane mode, my phone lost 12% in two hours, when usually it loses one percent or so every four hours.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Nope.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Wow i feel dumb. I look at battery stats frequently and i've just never noticed it there before. So you reboot after every call? There isn't another way to stop it?

The dialer bug chewed through 30% overnight while doing nothing else in a span of 5 hours. That's on the extended battery.

FWIW, sometimes the dialer bug is real, and sometimes it isn't...wait, what?

Well, there have been times when my battery has started draining really fast, check the battery usage, and BAM! there it is. Then, there have been other times when my battery is running just fine, maybe even better than normal, but yet when I check battery usage, the 'ol dialer is right up there at the top of the list, just as it is the bug is in effect. Then there are times when the dialer is way down on the list just as I'd expect it to be. Very strange.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde