Sound apparently just stopped working..

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I use my Thunderblot as my alarm every morning, however, today it failed to wake me up. When I woke up 2 hours late I checked and when I increased and decreased the volume I didnt get the usual 'ding' and when I tried to play music no sound came from the speakerphone. After a restart the volume started to work again, however, this isnt really the type of problem I want to have with this phone. Has this ever happened to anyone else? And if I bring it into Verizon, will they even do anything for me? They would ask to see the phone but most likely there would be nothing wrong with it. Is it even worth bringing into the store?

Ztrangero

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't suggest going to the store for the simple fact that if it needs to be replaced they won't be able to do it at the store. Since last year they stop doing phone exchanges at store by the looks of it it seems that your speaker might be damaged. Make sure you test it for another day or too with alarm tests for one minute to the next, if it works fine then great but if not then call Verizon customer service for a clnr replacement which is with no charge and its mailed overnight. If you have more questions feel.free to ask me as I'm a former Verizon customer service rep and i know a thing or two on what they can and can't do.

jldad

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me but it was because the phone was dead and it cut off. I replaced the charger and verizon sent me an extended battery. It's worked fine since and the extended battery works great.

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If the same thing is happening to you bring it to Verizon one day when the sound isnt working. They will send you a new phone pretty much no questions asked. Thats what they did for me now after a year I got a new phone that works great.

cameronmangast

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My sound goes in and out. I notice that if I pug head phones in and restart, my sounds will work again for a little while. I have also noticed that the car dock continually randomlly comes up. The battery now dies quicker because of this. I called Verizon and I am out of luck because my warranty expired a feel months ago.