614 Global Posts

Default charging problem

my tb wont charge past 85 percent

i bought a new battery

factory reset the phone

tried multiple chargers

what could be the problem??

Default Re: charging problem

Did the multiple chargers also include using different cables? If you've tried different cables as well, I think you've tried just about everything. Might be time to call Verizon. There are a few other threads about the same issue, do a search and see what else was suggested. Maybe cleaning the battery contacts.

Default Re: charging problem

I too have the same problem.. I've tried various chargers, extended batter, standard battery, car charger.
    hell I've had the thing on the charger for an entire weekend and only had the batter charge to maybe
    half if I was lucky..

I'm wondering if it's the TB itself, possibly having issues from when the silly thing falls off it's
    kickstand while charging, maybe that did something to the terminals, or perhaps not sure
    if there is some sort of charging circuit that may be in the TB, that is gone bad.

I'm purchasing an external charger to see if that has anything help in charging the batter.
    The other thing I have yet to do, is put my batter in my Ms TB and see how it charges.

Very odd indeed.

Oh, forgot to mention, that on a half charge on the extended batter, I can pull it off, make a quick call
    a few minutes, less than 15, and turn around and see the damn battery indicator is yellow or red..
    Needless to say that's truly sad on a 3200mAh battery...

ROM
    DasBAMF 1.6.3

I was having a similar problem. My phone was replaced. The CSR at Verizon didn't even bother to look at the phone. I haven't had a problem with the replacement. I do remember reading about 5 months ago that other Thunderbolt users were having the same issue.