Touchscreen unresponsive. Software or Hardware problem?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I really can't pin point why my touchscreen no longer response to my touch and it only on part of screen that does not work. The part of screen that does not work is right side of the screen that runs along the phone top to bottom. Only a quarter of inch of screen down to bottom does no work. I am pretty sure it's hardware but just want hear people's opinion and may any possible solutions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would try the usual first...

1. Battery pull and restart the phone...

2. Factory reset if your feeling up to it...

Otherwise it does sound like you may have a bad display in need of replacement. Next question is it still under warranty to get it repaired? Otherwise if you may want to consider looking into replacing it yourself? I have torn down my phones before and they are really quite simple if you take your time and there always seems to be a wealth of helpful videos on You Tube.

Reactions: bunique4life05

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are still under the 1 year warranty, try to get it replaced that way first so you don't have to pay deductible.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I really can't pin point why my touchscreen no longer response to my touch and it only on part of screen that does not work. The part of screen that does not work is right side of the screen that runs along the phone top to bottom. Only a quarter of inch of screen down to bottom does no work. I am pretty sure it's hardware but just want hear people's opinion and may any possible solutions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I had this same exact problem. Cept it was the left, not right. Reboots 'fixed' but only a short time. Even flashed a VZW OTA and it was still there.

VZW would next day one free, but if they found damage, I would get a nice bill.

So went the Asurion route.

In a nutshell - if you have what i had, it's the hardware. Needs replacing.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
once happened to me too, i couldnt type the letter "g", screen was inactive right at that location, was frustrating as i was in the middle of an important msg/email. Rebooted or pulled batt and was gone, no issues.

Max_Attacks

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My issue is the same. It must be a issue with the phone itself. :-\ not quite sure what to do. Take it to verizon or keep looking for a fix? Ive aslo tried rebooting, reseting and restoring. however problem still persists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15