Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wallstreet123456
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Is there a way to take a screen shot with an UNROOTED Thunderbolt?

    Thanks
    Thanked by:
    marcos92 likes this.
  2. #2  
    trter10-imore's Avatar
    ThunderboltTool Developer

    Posts
    744 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

    Default

    There are ways, but you need a computer.

    Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt


    Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
  3. #3  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    Is there a way to take a screen shot with an UNROOTED Thunderbolt?

    Thanks
    "No Root Screenshot It" has been working good for me. From the Google Play Store.



    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    "No Root Screenshot It" has been working good for me. From the Google Play Store.

    Click to view quoted image


    -Frank
    That looks awesome. Is that Beautiful Widgets?
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
  5. #5  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post
    That looks awesome. Is that Beautiful Widgets?
    Thanks. And, yes.

    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    "No Root Screenshot It" has been working good for me. From the Google Play Store.

    Click to view quoted image


    -Frank
    Nice pic Frank. I just got back from a week in Brisbane. Cant wait to go back
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    "No Root Screenshot It" has been working good for me. From the Google Play Store.

    Click to view quoted image


    -Frank
    which app in particular ?
    To live and die in L.A.
  8. #8  

    Default

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otitfullnoroot

    Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly818 View Post
    which app in particular ?
    The one in quotes....?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otitfullnoroot

    Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk
    sooooooo expensive .
    To live and die in L.A.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Im a bit late to this, but I have BW and I cant find the same type clock/calendar/pic you have. Can you tell me how to do this?

    Thanks in advance!

    -FatMan200812
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    Is there a way to take a screen shot with an UNROOTED Thunderbolt?

    Thanks
    Besides apps such as the one Frank has shared, I believe this will be achievable once we get ICS. (I'm only basing this off the fact that I know some tablets such as the Transformer Prime can do this, no root). I believe it will be a built in feature in ICS rom.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    TI-83 > HP 12c > Blackberry Storm (9530) > HTC Thunderbolt > Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Not sure why every site says that you need an app or connected to a computer to take screen shots on an htc Thunderbolt, I came across it by accident actually, n its freakin simple, press n hold the power button AND volume down button at the same time, hold them both for a second or two n you'll have your screen shot.....that's it! The shots will end up in your gallery and there will be an icon show up in your notification bar, at the top of the screen. Hope that helps, my phone is not rooted btw.....
  14. #14  
    trter10-imore's Avatar
    ThunderboltTool Developer

    Posts
    744 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by jtlealand View Post
    Not sure why every site says that you need an app or connected to a computer to take screen shots on an htc Thunderbolt, I came across it by accident actually, n its freakin simple, press n hold the power button AND volume down button at the same time, hold them both for a second or two n you'll have your screen shot.....that's it! The shots will end up in your gallery and there will be an icon show up in your notification bar, at the top of the screen. Hope that helps, my phone is not rooted btw.....
    Only on ics

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2


    Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    "Not sure why every site says that you need an app or connected to a computer to take screen shots on an htc Thunderbolt, I came across it by accident actually, n its freakin simple, press n hold the power button AND volume down button at the same time, hold them both for a second or two n you'll have your screen shot.....that's it! The shots will end up in your gallery and there will be an icon show up in your notification bar, at the top of the screen. Hope that helps, my phone is not rooted btw....."

    This totally worked! Thanks! I was going batty trying to figure it out.
    AM
  16. #16  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Press down on the power button and then press home.

    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    my non-rooted TBolt is now not letting me use the home key to take me to my home page, it keeps taking unwanted screen shots. Any ideas how to fix?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    my non-rooted TBolt is now not letting me use the home key to take me to my home page, it keeps taking unwanted screen shots. Any ideas how to fix?
    Mine was doing that, I don't know how I got it to stop, but it did. Now my power button won't work though!! Please help!!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: How to take a screen shot with Thunderbolt Unrooted

    I found holding power and volume down simultaneously saves to screen shots folder by accident.
    just tried pressing home button while holding power saves to camera shots after reading this thread
    both work
    my phone is not rooted but I am running ICS 4.0.4

Posting Permissions